Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 01-19-2002, 03:49 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Vehicle: 1996 Ford F-150
Send a message via Yahoo to buckdropper
clicking noise when starting cold

I have a clicking noise when cold starting the truck. It almost sounds like relays under the dash or firewall. It is very brief and only happens when it is cold outside.????? What could it be

"Sex is like a euchre card game if you don't have a good partner then you better have a good hand"

1996 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.0 Longbed REGULAR CAB, auto, western plow, 2007 ford five hundred awd cvt loaded limited... titanium green metallic, tan leather..
2002 rav4 4x4
Old 01-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 ford f250ld
Question

Got the same thing happening (3 or so quick clicks just on the first start of the day). Tried to isolate it by poking my head under the hood for a few days while my wife turned the key, but no luck. Maybe it is just the sleeping mice getting thrown around by the serpentine belt!

07 Expy EL EB 4WD new to the driveway!
Old 02-07-2002, 02:12 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 ford f150
Send a message via AIM to myfordliveson
mine did that too

I thought it was the starter bendix sticking- yanked the starter out and gave it a shot of oil and it hasnt happened since

Also when I first got the truck I had a habit of holding the starter in longer than necessary-it just takes a second on my truck
Black
'97 Ext cab XLT
4.6l (120,000 miles)
Auto trans
K & N air filter
B & M tranny cooler
Aftermarket foglights
Defleta shield/ window shields
Aluminum toolbox

Upcoming Mods:
modifying airbox/or air force one?
superchip