1997 f150 probs

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Post #9 has a diagram and pictures of the mega fuses, and some well written suggestions.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TENNO89
Somebody somewhere on this forum or another said that it would have something to do with something called a mega fuse. I haven't been able to find anything that looks like a fuse other than what's in the junction box on the driver's side.

any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you very very much in advance
Take a look at the picture in post #9 for the mega fuses for more than 2 seconds :

Notice the Battery in the picture on the left ?

While you are at it, read the text that describes the location of the fuses :
Primary battery fuses are located under the PRIMARY BATTERY FUSE cover next to the starter relay.
Pay attention to the word cover in that location description. All of this is in the owners manual.

On to the wire, did you check the wiring for cracks and the connectors to make sure they are in good repair ?

You need to focus on diagnoses of one problem at a time, bringing up horn issues right now is not top of the list of things to work on.

My opinion, you have what jbrew talked about in the URL in post #9 above as to why the battery is not being charged; but that will take some diagnosing work to confirm or deny.

If you think it was some person on some forum that agreed with your buddy ( that changed your alternator ) you will need to stop asking here for the URL and find it yourself.
I only have suggested diagnostic steps as to why your battery is not charging.