05 f150 blower motor issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 f150 blower motor issue

I just recently purchased an 05 f150, the seller said that they replaced the blower motor resistor but it still didn't work, I mistrusted him and picked one up for a salvage yard and it still doesn't work on any setting other than high, also noticed with the resistor even unplugged the blower motor still runs on high, pretty weird, is this normal? and does anyone have any other suggestions on how to repair this issue..i may be a girl but I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, lol

Old 01-21-2017, 01:37 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
those resistors aren't that expensive and can be bought at any auto parts store.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM
I purchased a new one at a salvage yard, and it works the same as the old one, do you know if the blower motor would cause this?

Old 01-21-2017, 01:40 PM
the resistor that I picked up was new, do you think that the blower motor would cause this issue?

Old 01-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I suppose it's possible. It may have worn bearings and may not run until it gets maximum voltage. Just wild guessing.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
also noticed with the resistor even unplugged the blower motor still runs on high, pretty weird, is this normal?
Yes, that is normal. The resistor is bypassed completely when the switch is set to the highest speed.

do you think that the blower motor would cause this issue?
No.

The ONLY things that can cause your symptom is a faulty resistor pack, a faulty EMTC control head, or an open ground between the resistor pack and its ground connection. I learned a very long time ago that just because an item is "new" does not mean that it is good. It's not KNOWN to be good until it's proven.

You really need a multimeter to effectively troubleshoot this. Guessing usually doesn't work all that well. Do you have one or can you get your hands on one? They're fairly inexpensive (<$20) for a basic one, even less if you have a Harbor Freight around.