Turn signals stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn signals stopped working

Hey everyone I have a 02 f150 with the 4.2l. I got in my truck this morning and my turn signals worked just fine. Turned the truck off at the gas station to get gas and when I went to leave my turn signals didn't work anymore. My flashers work but no turn signals. I don't even get the arrows on the dash. Everything on my multi function switch is working just no turn signals. Any ideas on what I can try to fix this issue?

Old 12-19-2016, 10:40 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
If you have a tilt steering wheel, move it up and down and try it. The wires have been known to bind and go intermittent.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks bud I'll try that when I get home tonight

Old 12-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just went through something similar with my 03. I read an old thread that said to turn the emergency flashers on and off a bunch of times. This is supposed to wipe the contacts clean in the switch. Or you can take it apart and manually clean the contacts.

I thought it was BS but I tried it and it worked for me, my signals are fine now. A note here: you don't just turn the flashers off and on 5 or 10 times, you have to work the snot out of them. I would cycle them while sitting at stop lights and when I first got into the truck.

Hope that works for you, good luck!