Short or starter relay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short or starter relay?

Okay guys this is one of my first qeustion I guess we all have them no matter how much we think we know but as you seen in my intro I was building a 99 from nothing I also have a 01 4door 5.4 and 03 4.6 and I recently bout a 97 5.4. Here's the problem I've been on a similar deal with my 99 and a ripped ground wire. So the problem is I bought this 97 without a key I took a gamble I mean I paid $500 for a great body and interior atleast but I had a lock smith Come out and make a key for the truck I put a hot battery in got everything straight well when I first put the battery in the right blinker always blinks on or off it doesn't stop finally I got it to stop but it made a buzzing under the dash but finally I got the key cut and turned the switch on and all the lights lit up for the first time in two years so I turned it foward to kick on the fuel pump but didn't hear it then I went ahead and tried to turn the motor and the key when turned all the way foward killed all power until I let go again so I got out and stuck and screw driver to the soleniod and the motor started turning over but wouldn't fire so I'm assuming it's getting no fuel because the pump didn't kick on but as well if I sprayed starting fluid to coil packs wouldn't carry a spark down because there's no power running through... I'm thinkin maybe it's a starter relay but also I'm thinking its a short. I've never had a internal ignition problem could it be there's a bad short there? I'm lost. Any help would be good.

Quick Reply: Short or starter relay?