Cluster and rear running lights not working properly.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cluster and rear running lights not working properly.

Hello everyone, It's been awhile since i've been on here, and I feel ashamed to come back only to ask for help, please forgive my lack of inactivity but I really do need some help. Last night on my way home I noticed that my cluster lights stopped illuminating while driving at night, also I thought I caught the scent of burnt electronics but since it wasn't a really strong odor I brushed it off. On my way home today a kind gentleman pulls up next to me and lets me know that my rear running lights don't stay on but when I step on the brakes they come on, I let go of the brakes and they stay off, completely. I get home and check my owners manuel and I see fuse #6 matches my truck woes, (Cluster and parking lights & something else I don't remember) so I pull the fuse and I see that is blown, I swap it with a new one (same amps 15) and my cluster lights worked but quickly went out again.( I failed to look at my rear lights to see if they came on with the new fuse, sorry.) If anyone could shed some light on what could be causing this particular problem I will be very grateful, my truck info follows.

2006 Ford F150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L RWD
All the exterior bulbs have been changed to LED's, with the exception of the headlamp bulbs, I still use halogen bulbs until I can retrofit, I added a LED flasher relay so I dont have the hyper blinking issue. I also added a small strobe module to my third brake tail light so that when the brake is applied it strobes a few seconds then it stays on. ( I've been rear ended one too many times and I wanted something to grab driver's attention behind me.) That is pretty much it in terms of all the electrical mods if you want to call them that, I haven't messed with anything else electrical or wire wise lately, I have an aftermarket pioneer head unit and kicker sub that i've had a few years now but i don't think that's related to my problem, I did add factory led turn signal mirrors about two years ago but I bought everything new from Tasca including the pigtails and I followed a wiring diagram that I found on here methinks... but they they still work perfectly. I will be the first to tell you guys I am not any kind of expert at any of this stuff,nor do I claim to be, I am passionate about my truck and I want her working properly again so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump anyone, please I need some help.

Quick Reply: Cluster and rear running lights not working properly.