Need Help ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Help ASAP!!!

So im doing the headlight switch mod, allowing me to turn on the fog lights with just the parking lights on. NO headlights. I asked about this a couple weeks go. I followed the instructions very closely but something went wrong, Im pretty sure i have 2 wires just spliced together wrong, but here is my problem. When i turn my switch from off, to park lights everything cuts on, park lights and headlights. I think the write up i was following is for a auto headlight assy, which i DO NOT have. Just plan just off, park, headlights. And of course pull out for fog. So my question is, which 2 wires need to be spliced together with this type of switch?

I spliced the #2 white/black wire, and the #12 brown wire. If im reading the diagram in the write up correctly, i would need to spice the #2 and the #5 together? Im not very good at reading electrical diagrams in cases like this. Please help!!!!

The write up ive been following link:
http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how...s/foglamps.htm

Old 09-06-2015, 07:25 PM
According to one of the last paragraphs in that article, you need to splice the 5 and 12 wires for fog lights to come on with the running lights.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
According to one of the last paragraphs in that article, you need to splice the 5 and 12 wires for fog lights to come on with the running lights.
Thats if i want the fogs on all the time with the park. I want to be able to choose if i want the fogs on with just the park. And im pretty sure with splicing the 5 and 12 wire, the fogs will be on even when my high beams are on.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
did you pull the fuse for the fog lamp switch ?

This is the diagram I tell people to use

If you do not pull the 5A fuse for the fog lamp switch, you can see what happens with the + VDC from the brown wire, it feeds through the fuse panel to fuses #26 & # 28 for the headlamps.

I think the guy that did the write up did not pull it, but what might have happened was he blew the 5A fuse the 1st time he used it and it worked fine there forwards
- 5A fuse trying to drive both headlamps.

Why your fuse did not blow is another question, but I would pull the fog lamp Switch fuse, 5A Central junction box position # 27.
- Are your headlamp bulbs old ?

Old 09-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
did you pull the fuse for the fog lamp switch ?

This is the diagram I tell people to use

If you do not pull the 5A fuse for the fog lamp switch, you can see what happens with the + VDC from the brown wire, it feeds through the fuse panel to fuses #26 & # 28 for the headlamps.

I think the guy that did the write up did not pull it, but what might have happened was he blew the 5A fuse the 1st time he used it and it worked fine there forwards
- 5A fuse trying to drive both headlamps.

Why your fuse did not blow is another question, but I would pull the fog lamp Switch fuse, 5A Central junction box position # 27.
- Are your headlamp bulbs old ?
I did not pull the fuse. So put the splice back on the orginal wires i had it on, and bull the fuse that your talking about? (I took the splice out until i could get this figured out) The fog lights still work after taking the splice out. And the head lights and fog light bulbs are less than 3 months old.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:53 AM
You sir are a genius!!!! Thank you very much for your help!
Not sure if you can see the park lights or not, but they are indeed on. And i can turn the fogs off anytime! Thanks again.

Name:  IMG_2582_zpsztfuu3q4.jpg
Views: 6477
Size:  384.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2581_zpsnqklf6r6.jpg
Views: 6485
Size:  277.9 KB

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP!!!