The alarm is crazy and goes off on it's own

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The alarm is crazy and goes off on it's own

The other day, the battery was dead so I had to replace it. Well the new battery is in now and now the alarm sets off on it's own. This happens when the doors are locked and unlocked. I'd say possibly once or twice in an hour. To make sure I wasn't crazy thinking some kid was setting it off, I waited outside until it went off and sure enough it did. I tried to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and reconnect...well that didn't work. Forgot to mention, this is the factory horn alarm w/ no remote start (2006 screw). Does anyone know how to reset the alarm?

Thanks,

Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 AM
owners manual may help. Sounds like one of your switches "Door" may not sensing the door being closed??? does the timed dome light go off before the alarm goes off?

Old 07-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by RevBiker
owners manual may help. Sounds like one of your switches "Door" may not sensing the door being closed??? does the timed dome light go off before the alarm goes off?
I didn't find any trouble shooting sections for the alarm going off on it's own.

No, the light is not on before or during the alarm sounds off.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You will need to find where the aftermarket alarm is installed and find what the brand is.
There is no "factory" alarm on the 2006 F-150 and the Ford branded version is the Gold level ( VSS/RMST) that has remote start with it.

The closest is the panic alarm on the RKE fob. Is that what you are talking about when you post "factory alarm" ?

Old 07-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
You will need to find where the aftermarket alarm is installed and find what the brand is.
There is no "factory" alarm on the 2006 F-150 and the Ford branded version is the Gold level ( VSS/RMST) that has remote start with it.

The closest is the panic alarm on the RKE fob. Is that what you are talking about when you post "factory alarm" ?
I suppose it's a RKE fob. 3 button remote, lock, unlock and panic. With the horn being the alarm. It does not have remote start.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you tried pulling the batteries out of the RKE remotes ?

the other option is to enter RKE programming mode and then exit
- Entering programming mode erases all RKE fobs.

Quick Reply: The alarm is crazy and goes off on it's own