My lights won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My lights won't turn off

My truck lights will not turn off. I have taken my keys out of the ignition and closed the doors and nothing happens. The interior lights won't shut off either. I have turned the ***** for the lights and nothign there either. I have looked in the fuse box and I can't find anything wrong. Can someone please help me before I end up with a dead battery?

Old 09-10-2001, 08:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

what happens when you disconnect the battery and reconnect it? I don't know where I'm going here, but it seems like you have a bad switch. Having never had an experience of that nature, I'm only guessing.

Good Luck!

Old 09-10-2001, 08:27 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Re: My lights won't turn off

Originally posted by irelands_prorv
My truck lights will not turn off. I have taken my keys out of the ignition and closed the doors and nothing happens. The interior lights won't shut off either. I have turned the ***** for the lights and nothign there either. I have looked in the fuse box and I can't find anything wrong. Can someone please help me before I end up with a dead battery?

does the cab light on the outside stay lit?? i'll bet they do.
If so take a can of wd-40 and lift the door handle on both doors spray the wd inside the door handle for about 20 seconds. do this on both doors. Make sure the windows are up first and the doors are open to allow drainage of the wd out the weep hole at the bottom. Then work the door handles and open and close the dorrs and it will work, been there done that. lol.

Old 09-11-2001, 06:01 AM
BTW, our trucks have a battery saver feature that will shut off the lights, even if you leave the doors open, in something like 10 minutes?

Old 09-13-2001, 08:20 PM
Wow! WD huh. I've had that problem ever since I had the door skin replaced on the driver side. I'm gonna give it a shot....Cool.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
i have a 1991 f-150 and have the same problem.

Would buckdropper's advice work for my vechile? Thanks

Mike

Quick Reply: My lights won't turn off