Power Window Issues Passenger & Driver

Old 06-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window Issues Passenger & Driver

I read a few other topics on this, but couldn't not find the exact issue I am having. I am also a complete noob when it comes to electrical stuff.

I have a 97 F-150 2WD V8.

Passenger Window:
Last year I had the passenger window motor replaced. After it was replaced the window seemed to struggle towards the end of rolling it down, almost as if the weather stripping was holding on to it from being so old and dry. I'm not sure how long the window motor was broken for, it was broken when I got it 2 years ago. Anyways, I just assumed it was the weather stripping etc holding it back some. Now, 1 year later, when I am rolling the window up or down and it gets to the end of the run, it starts clicking like its trying to roll the window up/down more than it actually can go. This all started suddenly one day. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I'm scared to roll the window down and it gets stuck.

Driver Window:
The driver window stopped working about 6 months after having the passenger window was fixed. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with it, I took off the switch on the door and sprayed it with electrical cleaner, everything looked good. When you press the down button, you can hear the relay clicking on when you press it, so it sounds like the relay is working I'm guessing? I took off the relay and sprayed it with cleaner as well and it looked ok visually. So from this I am assuming the relay and switch work, but I could be wrong I guess. What is the next step to go from here on this? I guess it could be the motor or the one touch down / OTD switch.

Sidenote:
I've never taken over the door panels, do they just pop off? I know I need to do some test with voltage meters to proceed, but I'm not sure which points I'm testing. If anyone has videos of this, would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions given!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Window Issues Passenger & Driver