door ajar, power seat, power pedals, power locks, heater controls, not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
door ajar, power seat, power pedals, power locks, heater controls, not working

I have a bit of an issue with my 2005 f150 4x4 4 door Lariet. out of the blue today, the "door ajar" light began to flash, the words door ajar appeared on the dash display, after checking the door strikers and cleaning them all with no success to put out the light, I realised that there was much more wrong. the power seats were not working, the heater controls would not turn on at all, the interior lights stayed on while driving until approx. 20 kms then go out, once you slow back down they came back on. the box lights did the same as the interior lights, the power pedals do not work and the power door locks did not automatically lock the seat heaters would not work as well although they are not needed.

I checked the fuse panel and found the body ground corroded, cleaned and checked all fuses, inspected the wiring for issues under the fuse panel as per the comments I had found on this site. I hjave often found this site very helpful and was hoping one of you may have seen this same issue before and can offer some advise

Thanks

Old 05-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corroded wire under the rear sill plate on the driver's side. I would check this out.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
One guy said what he did! May be your problems fix, don't know???
removed the trim covers around fuse block and the tape from around harness just above floor, found splice of orange wires with stripes on rear of harness, one wire splits to two wire. Disconnect the Battery before proceeding. I cut open the fabric splice which looked perfect on the outside, but I found the inside of splice was a pocket of green dust from the corrosion of the copper wires and what ever was used to join them together. My find made me very happy, I cut out the whole splice and soldered in a new 3 inch wire, all works fine now, happy days.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks RevBiker, I will check the drivers side sill plate and wiring, I did inspect the wiring under the passenger side sill plate yesterday and opened up the splice on the orange wire with the yellow / green tracer. it looked fine. I also just had a friend scan the truck and he was not able to communicate with the seat controls or some of the other functions which have failed. I am wondering if there is a body ground causing the problem? heading out to inspect and clean as many as I can find

Old 05-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Not sure but I think there is a module behind back seat panel that controls these items and may have a bad connector. Ask someone about it before taking it apart. Check out other threads.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:41 PM
I have a simlair problem, My ford 150 supercrew 2005 has absoutely no power at all but there is clicking, I charged battery over night and still nothing any suggestions?

Old 05-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyGal
I have a simlair problem, My ford 150 supercrew 2005 has absoutely no power at all but there is clicking, I charged battery over night and still nothing any suggestions?
Start a new thread all your own and provide all the details there instead of hijacking an unrelated thread.

Quick Reply: door ajar, power seat, power pedals, power locks, heater controls, not working