04 Lariat F150 with adjustable pedals. Cruise control issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Lariat F150 with adjustable pedals. Cruise control issue

I've read all the post regarding the cruise control issues. But only one pertained to an 04 f150 lariat with adjustable pedals.

I checked my third brake light, switched the brake switch (which was up by the break pedal and not on the master cylinder like the old body or heritage style).

Not sure what else to do. Heard there was a TSB for the break interlocking sensor or cylinoid.

Also my park assist is out. The sensors all seem to be hooked up with no damage. Everytime I start the truck and put it in reverse it beeps 3 or 4 times the. The switch will light up "off". I put an object behind each one. Started the truck and tested each one. Same result with the beeps.

E brake doesn't work but I noticed the wire in the rear by the axel the plastic cover was broke and it looked rusted up. Would this cause the e brake to not work. You can push the pedal down and drive without a problem. Hoping the drums aren't toasted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm scheduled to go to the dealer Friday afternoon to get the cruise control checked out. Need it for my 3 hour drive to drill
Thanks!

Old 03-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
There should be a self test you can do on the CC

I don't remember the process off the top of my head.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay it doesn't come up on the dash at all.

When I put it on ACC nothing comes up showing he CC icon either

Quick Reply: 04 Lariat F150 with adjustable pedals. Cruise control issue