06 Won't start with ignition but will with remote

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Won't start with ignition but will with remote

I have an aftermarket Prestige Alarm system on my 06 and night before last everything was fine yesterday morning I started it with the remote as usual to warm up and went on to work. Yesterday evening and ever since when I went to leave work I turned the ignition to start and nada, thought well the month old battery was out again so got a jump and again nada. Thought ok shut the hood and started up with remote just fine. Turned off and tried with key and again nothing so started with remote and just fine. Drove home and tried again with everything of and I here the ignition relay engage when the key is turned on but still nothing. This morning same thing, as soon as I get out of this meeting this morning I'm going to call the place that put the alarm in to see if they will look at it to make sure it's not something like the ignition interrupt or the module itself. Am I thinking in the right direction or does anyone else have any suggestions if it's not. Thanks

Old 12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Taking it in to the installer is the right thing to do.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem solved

Good call GLC. Sorry for the late response as my Mother took a bad turn and we ended up loosing her this last weekend. I finally got to have the alarm installer look at it and they found that it had two imobilizers and one of them was for a panic mode so if you hit the remote lock button twice it disables the ignition key and to disengage you have to hit the unlock twice which is a feature I plumb forgot about. I felt like an idiot however my mind and heart was elsewhere. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 06 Won't start with ignition but will with remote