2001 F150 p/u power seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 F150 p/u power seat

2001 F150 p/u truck, driver side power seat will go forward but not backwards, It's actually my Dad's truck he just beats around the farm in, he's just been riding it out, it's gotten to where now it's about to close up for him to drive it, he lives 6 hours away from me and doesn't do "the internet" so I want to be able to show up with the tools/methods and maybe parts I might need to test it and fix it the next time I go up in a few weeks.

Thanks!

john

Old 10-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not much going on with the power seats.
1. Fuse
2. Switch
3. motor

My dad sounds like the same person, so I have to ask.
- He is an electrician, a lot of stuff in the cab of his truck.

If he tries to move it back, do the interior lights dim a bit when he is trying this ?
- I ask, as that might show the seat is fine and something is jammed or rolled into the track, not allowing the seat to go back. Similar to trying to roll down a power window that is already down.

Next thing ask him if the front or rear of the sear will go up or down
- If not, time to check the fuse while installed with a test light or meter from a known good ground to each pin on the back of the fuse.

Diagram EVTM 120-1

Quick test when you get there ( after checking the tracks ) apply + VDC and ground to the Red w/ White Stripe and Yellow w/ white stripe wire.
- These are under the seat.

If the motor moves, it is a problem with the switch. If the motor will not move, new motor time.

Switch test diagram

Quick Reply: 2001 F150 p/u power seat