2012 fx2 headlight/window issues

Old 10-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 fx2 headlight/window issues

just recently bought a used 2012 fx2 with about 50k(powertrain warranty only remaining) on it about 3 weeks ago. no problems with it whatsoever until 2 days ago. I was told I had a headlight out so I assumed it needed a bulb until this morning I noticed it working again, however in its place the passenger side window had stopped responding... after restarting it switched over to the driver side window not working. and after yet another restart both windows are working fine and the headlight is out again. any experience with these sort of gremlins??
I went through the fuses quickly just to make sure the weren't loose. Could this be a possible grounding issue or should I look elsewhere?
*4hrs later.... get back in truck and get alert for advance trac service needed, along with non working blinkers.... only to restart again and have everything working properly with no alerts. thoughts??

Last edited by cdofx2; 10-20-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdofx2
just recently bought a used 2012 fx2 with about 50k(powertrain warranty only remaining) on it about 3 weeks ago. no problems with it whatsoever until 2 days ago...
Welcome to the forum, cdofx2! You sound like a DIY kind of person, but it might be time to get this in front of your local dealership. If you decide to get it diagnosed, I'll be able to look into ways to help. Either way, keep us posted on how things go.

Crystal

Old 10-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update:
turns out the previous owner installed HID fog lamps that overheated and melted the sockets.. in turn throwing charges back into the system causing my gremlin infestation. total cost for housing harness bulbs diagnoses etc $450

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 fx2 headlight/window issues