2006 F-150 XLT Cruise Control Cutout Switch Location

Old 10-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F-150 XLT Cruise Control Cutout Switch Location

Anyone know where the cruise control cutout switch is located on a 2006 XLT 4X4 with 5.4L engine? I know most of them are on the master cylinder. Not where I can see.

Picked up this truck last week. Drove it home. Cruise control worked once then quit. No fault codes. Key/Ignition diagnostic does not light up the cruise control light. I checked fuse 14. It is okay. Parking assist does not work, either. Truck was probably used on the Colquitt, GA, peanut farms and sat in an irrigation ditch for awhile. The dealer spent two days getting red clay out of the passenger compartment, and did not get it all. I dug about two pounds out under the fuse box.

I am going to have lots of fun with this vehicle. Yahoo!

Old 10-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a cruise control deactivation switch on the brake pedal.

You can meter it for continuity to see if it is good.

How did you check fuse #14 ?
1. Pull it out, look at it and put it back in

or

2. Use a meter to check for + VDC from a known good ground to both pins on the back of the fuse, while installed and the key in the run position ?

The Parking Assist might be related or not, focus on the CC for the moment.

what are there any modifications to the truck ?
- Please list any and all, not just what you think might be related.

Do all 3 brake lamps work correctly, and have standard bulbs in them ?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:09 PM
More 2006 Cruise Control

Thanks for the great assist! I should have been more specific that I was looking for the SW-6350 brake master cylinder/inline brake switch.

1. I have checked the switch at the brake pedal and
2. Fuse #14 and
3. All lights for operation. The only one not functioning was a burned out map lamp.
4. The only modification I can find is a fused power line and coax antenna cable for a two way radio that was removed.

While the truck was not supposed to be in an accident it was a farm truck. The truck was backed into something hard enough to bend the rear bumper and cracked the trailer connector. I have not checked for operation. I think I mentioned the park assist does not work. I have not done any further with that.

I did find the small manifold vent cap on the passenger side was off and reinstalled it.

I spent a few days checking wiring and connectors. Since the truck was a farm truck, and there was still wet clay under the carpets and still falling from under the truck from at least two washings I have been checking for connector damage and corrosion.

Went to buy feed in town, yesterday. Guess what? Cruise control worked both ways!

I strongly suspect the truck undercarriage, at least, was immersed long enough to get clay into the connectors.

I intend to pull all connectors and check for damage. Then I will treat them with dielectric spray to help clean them up.

I hope that treatment will repair the park assist.

I still need to know where SW-6350 goes in the darn thing. Maybe it is under the antifreeze reservoir. Not like the location in any other Ford truck of this era I know of. Ideas?

Thanks again!

Old 10-21-2014, 08:04 AM

That the part for recall 05S28 and is only for 1992-2004 MYs, it is not used on a 2006 MY truck.

It is the same as 1L1Z-9F924-AA.

Why are you looking for the recall harness for 1992-2004 MYs on your 2006 ?

Old 10-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Looking for the secondary sensor

Originally Posted by SSCULLY
That the part for recall 05S28 and is only for 1992-2004 MYs, it is not used on a 2006 MY truck.

It is the same as 1L1Z-9F924-AA.

Why are you looking for the recall harness for 1992-2004 MYs on your 2006 ?
I understood that in addition to the brake pedal cruise cutoff there is a pressure activated? sensor usually mounted on the master cylinder. My 2005-2006 Ford workshop manual just says the part is located somewhere along the brake line run. There are several references on this forum showing testing and replacement. All of them I saw show the sensor on the MC. The years it is used are both before and after 2006. I am familiar with the recall issue. My quandary is that Ford says there is a switch that I referenced on my 2006, but I cannot find it. Luckily, so far, shaking dirt out has been helpful for several of my electrical issues.

I ordered the switch kit before I got the cruise control working, and it was cheap. I will keep it as a spare.

Thanks for keeping me straight.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:01 AM

The 2006 Ford workshop manual ( actual Ford manual from Helm Inc ) does not show the repair harness in the diagram.
- It is in post #2 above. 31-2, 31-3 and 31-4 are for the steering wheel switches and the PCM to throttle by wire.

I am sure there are several posts about the harness, but you would need to watch what the topic of the thread is about.
- It might even be a 2004, but that is a 2004 F150 Heritage or L not the new body style.

The output of the pressure switch ( 1L1Z-9F924-AA / SW-6350 ) is to the speed servo control.
The servo control is what moves the throttle cable on the 1992-2004 ( heritage & L ).
2004 ( New body style ) and newer are all throttle by wire and do not have a speed servo control.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Heya SSCULLY!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 F-150 XLT Cruise Control Cutout Switch Location