How to Disable lights with door OPEN

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Disable lights with door OPEN

Hi all brand new member here,
I searched the site and tried the tricks people gave to disable the lights that come on when the door is opened (2014 F150 reg cab XL). I tried the info/reset buttons on steering wheel, no adjustment; tried the dimmer button by tapping all the way up and all the way down, no help; all that did was keep the bed light on longer, no good. This year does not have the round dial to turn them off like some of the older models.

I want to disable every light that comes on when the door is open (dome light, running lights, bed light). I don't care if I never see these lights ever again when the door is open. I will gladly pull a fuse, pull a relay, or go in and bypass the switches if anyone has detailed instruction on how to proceed. I do not want to fiddle with the door lock mechanism every time the door opens to solve this, I want a permanent solution, please.

I also could loose the door chime and the seat belt chime if anyone has an answer for these too.

This is a very basic truck (hand crank windows, no key fob, etc).

Thank you everyone. TX mark

Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured it out (interior and bed light), it is fuse 12 in the passenger compartment. Running lights still come on however.

Last edited by texasmark; 08-23-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: How to Disable lights with door OPEN