had some scumbag steal my keys which also had my door remote for my 2003 F150 s'crew

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had some scumbag steal my keys which also had my door remote for my 2003 F150 s'crew

Has anyone ever had this happen? My truck is way to noticeable and i'm worried they will steal it when i'm out around town. i'm looking at changing my door/tailgate cylinders as well as getting a new ignition cylinder replaced thru Ford. i asked them if they could disable the remote and they told me no that i had to purchase another modular/computer for it. I would have figured you could just reprogram it with a new code and reset it with new remotes so that the thief can't get in the truck. Has anyone ever disabled there actuators inside the doors to prevent them from working? My drivers sides doesn't work right now and you can still open it from inside so i'm sure there must be an easy way to disconnect it. if you did is it just as easy as removing the actuator or cutting the wire from the module or unplugging it so it can't be used?

any input would be great

thank you

Old 08-19-2014, 10:33 AM
no one?

i can't believe no one has ever dealt with this before. This is starting to be a common problem in my area here in Ontario Canada

Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to disable the actuators just pop the panel off and unplug them.

But that still leaves your key hole on the drivers side .... and they have the key, so what good will disconnecting them do?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hint on getting more replies to your threads, don't complain about the free help you are asking for.
People have lives to lead, might want to wait more than 24 hrs before posting and make the post a bump, if your thread has fallen off the 1st page.
- Just a hint, take it or leave it your choice.

On to your issue with the remotes.

If it is a factory RKE system ( not aftermarket ) the easy way to erase the RKE fob is to enter programming mode.
Entering programming mode erases all programmed remotes.
- This is well documented in the owners manual ~ page 82.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:09 AM
sorry but not complaining about free advise. i 've been on this forum for years and have helped others myself, i always appreciate any help other members can offer. just frustrated because to have all my locks replaced along with a new RKE it comes in at over $1500 thru Ford and my insurance will not cover it. the Ford dealer told me that you could not turn it off and that i had to unhook the actuators which makes the power locks completely useless or replace the unit.

i will check that out in my manual ASAP and check that out.

much appreciated

Old 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Hint on getting more replies to your threads, don't complain about the free help you are asking for.
People have lives to lead, might want to wait more than 24 hrs before posting and make the post a bump, if your thread has fallen off the 1st page.
- Just a hint, take it or leave it your choice.

On to your issue with the remotes.

If it is a factory RKE system ( not aftermarket ) the easy way to erase the RKE fob is to enter programming mode.
Entering programming mode erases all programmed remotes.
- This is well documented in the owners manual ~ page 82.
I don't think he was complaining per say .... I would be a little on edge if somebody got my keys and could steal my truck out of my driveway at any given moment. There is a sense of urgency I'm sure.

We're all family here

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks Pockets.

Yes I'm wanting to get this taken care of ASAP, not complaining. my truck is pretty noticeable here in a town of 50000 people. Thank God i don't live right in town and i have a garage to keep it in. i can't leave it unattended anywhere because i know at anytime someone can get inside and take whatever they want as well as take the truck itself. The insurance will never give me what it's worth plus there isn't many around in this condition. I've owned it since new and I've made a goal to keep it as long as i can, nothing new interests me. this one is paid for and running excellent and i still get compliments on how it looks. there isn't another one like it in this area in this condition so replacing would be out of the question.

i checked the manual, but all that is in there is to deprogram the auto lock which does not turn the locks off at all, handheld transmitter can still be used. I've decided to order the key sets from Ford and replace the door cylinders myself and then take it in to have the ignition cylinder and the key-less module replaced/reprogrammed. this will save me enough to buy the new module.

thanks for your help everyone

Old 08-24-2014, 08:27 AM
a simple key switch for the fuel pump would solve some of the imediate paranoia as to haveing the truck stolen easily

cheep insurance against it going bye bye

Old 08-25-2014, 01:18 PM
true a fuel shutoff would prevent that but they can still can in the truck itself

Old 08-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Bummer!

When my 05 was broken into several years ago they took the owners manual which had the keyless entry code in it...my insurance co. wouldn't pay to have a new module put in it...you can change the code...but the original code will still work...Its been about 6 years, and no one has messed with it...

If you buy a new lockset, it should come with a new key...you should with a little patience be able to re-key the other side yourself to the new key, and perhaps the ignition...

Sorry for the loss! Makes you feel violated!

Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 AM
well i'm going to replace the modaul and key cylinders just to be on the safe side.

Quick Reply: had some scumbag steal my keys which also had my door remote for my 2003 F150 s'crew