Instrument Panel Dysfunction - 2006 F-150 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument Panel Dysfunction - 2006 F-150 XLT

Hi,

I've got a rather interesting issue with my 2006 F-150 Super Crew. For the last several months, the instrument panel (to include the radio) have gone dark on me. The silver lining is that the truck continues to run during the outage. I also noticed the AC works while the lights are out.

I've tried to recreate the issue without success. It happened once when the passenger side window was being lowered. Another time it seemed to happen when I hit a bump. The most recent occurrence was on smooth pavement.

In all situations, I've been able to push the trip odometer button to bring up a test menu. I can cycle through a series of test for gauges, instrument panel lights, etc. To this point, the problem has eventually gone away, although the last time the problem occurred I had to cycle the ignition several times before the instrument panel came back to life.

The radio is after market. I've also got a remote starter installed, but that's been in place for a couple of years now - long before this problem began occurring.

Any help from the experts here will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Instrument Panel Dysfunction - 2006 F-150 XLT