Right Signal Turns Off Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right Signal Turns Off Cruise Control

Seems strange, but I just notice this happening on a recent trip to go look at a used Camper. I normally don't drive far or fast enough to use Cruise Control in the city.

But I was driving with the CC on and then hit the right signal to change lanes and it shut it off.. It did this every time I hit the right signal, and only the Right.

When I use the Left, it acts normal. And I have tried driving straight and hitting the Right signal with CC on, and it still shuts it off.

I read a couple other threads on here, but it doesn't seem anyone came back to post the answer.

As a possible related note...

A while back I replaced my 3rd Brake Light with an aftermarket one. It has Normal bulbs for reverse, but LED for the brake lights.

Then shortly after that I noticed my Rear Drivers Side Brake Light and Turn Signal stopped working.. Reverse and Tail Light (lights) are still working.

I am not sure if all of these could be related or not. I have been driving around for the past 3 weeks without replacing these.. Been to busy with home projects and 5 mo old son.

But could these cause that? Or is there another issue that I am not seeing?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
replaced the burnt out bulb on the right side.

I had the same thing happen ~ 20 months ago on a trip, it was a burned out turn / stop element in the bulb.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
replaced the burnt out bulb on the right side.

I had the same thing happen ~ 20 months ago on a trip, it was a burned out turn / stop element in the bulb.
All the bulbs on the right (Pass side) seem to be working..

The Left sides (drivers) are the ones that are burnt out. Think that is still the issue? Will be finding time this weekend to replace.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Changed out the bulbs today... Fixed the Cruise Control Issue

Quick Reply: Right Signal Turns Off Cruise Control