1998 F-150 parking lights started coming on last night around 2 am

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool 1998 F-150 parking lights started coming on last night around 2 am

Hello I have a 1998 ford F 150 it is the work package rubber floor hand crank windows V6 runs great drives great last night it was pouring rain I was in the shop working an the bay door was open an around 2 am I got to noticing the parking lights where on but barely the filaments in the bulbs where just slightly on a amber color but not bright like they would be with the lights on I thought ok I have a light switch bleeding over so it was raining an the main switch was easy to pop out an I figured that would shut it off until today I was wrong LOL I unplugged the main switch an they got brighter so I opened the hood an pulled the #1 fuse an the #7 fuse an they got brighter an then the I went to the computer to see if there is a relay an then the radio started playing in the truck an now I am puzzled as the radio should be on the ecesory side or the hot side of ignition nothing to do with the lights short of perhaps sharing a illimination wire lol one of the relays in the main fuse box was clicking an was pretty warm so I just disconnected the ground on the battery I have fooled with it today an no change the tail lights are also barley lit the truck runs fine no check engine no bad fused I cleaned the grounds up as they where not bad I then called the dealer an spoke to a tech of sorts lol asked him he said he has never heard of any ford having this trouble an I told him it was on the net many times he then told me I must have a weak battery an I told him the battery is 3 months old an a napa battery an starts the truck fine he then said it must be the cam shaft censor LOL I am hunting the problem I have saw many post but no solutions I have tried moving the ignition around to see if it changed anything an not it light switch is just fine on a meter any clues it also beeps at me now when I start the truck which I have figured out is the bulb has gone out for the air bag in the speed o an is the culprit there I need a hand as I will not be taking my truck to the dealer where Genius boy thinks the battery or cam shaft censor is the trouble lol

Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 PM
I have found one relay inside on the fuse panel under the driver side below the headlight switch is going crazy doing a lot of clicking I have the battery unhooked on the negative side with a test light in between the light is lit the draw seems to be on the maxi fuse #22 it's a 50 and #5 relay an when I pull it the the test light goes almost out this is the same circuit that the relay inside is powered from as when I unplug the relay it puts the light almost out as well the radio has not come back on bye itself anymore lol I also unhooked the brake switch to see if that was the back feed an that's not it an I went under the back where the pi tail harness is as I have seen many go bad an cause crazy things with lights I unplugged it from the system an it's not the trouble either

Last edited by drewdaddy; 05-31-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:17 PM
well I think I may have it I took the cluster out fixed the abs light that stopped the beeping every 30 minutes the fuse block under the dash is wet it actaully had water dripping from the 2 big plugs that bolt to the back of it I have it out it looks like it comes apart but it has not this far I decided not to pry on it any harder then I have I did use a screw driver an go all the way around an separate it from it's case much of the copper inside has the greenies I have sprayed it out as it looked like it has mud in it?????? I figure that is just normal dust that has got in over the years an then adding water has made mud but as soon as I unplugged this my draw stooped an lights went out I am hoping that a heat gun will dry it out an I will plug it up an see if the problem is still here but I am thinking the water was acting like a bridge an allowing it to back feed fingers crossed this also would explain the radio still have not found a leak every thing else is dry it was buy chance I was lokking around an when I moved some wires it dripped so I started hunting

Last edited by drewdaddy; 05-31-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:44 PM
still no comments tips or help LOL I see this issue all over the net I am a little surprised at the lack of help or info lol I have had to answer all my own questions I found an fixed the problem the repair cost nothing as well spoke to ford an they know about but would rather hit you for around a grand

Old 06-02-2014, 04:58 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
It's difficult to read or make sense of posts that are completely void of commas and periods. That's probably the reason nobody has commented.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
It's difficult to read or make sense of posts that are completely void of commas and periods. That's probably the reason nobody has commented.
...or paragraphs. Yeah, a block of text almost entirely lowercase and lacking punctuation or paragraphs turns a lot of people off quick. It won't even get a read often and is very hard to understand.

Of course it may just be that nobody who did read it knows of a solution, though I'd bet the first is the case.

FWIW I did struggle through it because it's my year of truck, but I had no help to offer. Normally though I'd take one look at a post like that and hit the back button.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Add to that, the wind up and the pitch for complaining about not getting free help on their schedule.

This is the 2nd member, in this subforum, this week to complain about the lack of response on free help...

Cherry on top, cross posting the thread...

Old 06-11-2014, 01:43 AM
Well excuse me for joining a site where I thought people came to exchange helpful knowledge an XP for the good of everyone did not know my Grammar or lack of punctuation made a bit of difference when it came to mechanics checking oil ,points & condensers,plug gaps genral things we cann share to help Wow what a hostile group did not know we where dealing with the grammar ****'s this is a Forum 219 people have viewed this an you have concluded it to be grammar related my lack of periods has made people not want to help LMFAO my GOD Pete I Swear

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Yep, you missed the point, and its probably pointless me replying to your rant but here goes anyway.

You didn't know that good communication would be key to getting the help you hoped to find. Well now you do know. And your response to that is unlikely to gain you any friends here.

Some people here have tried to help. Not to the issues you wanted and apparently not in a way you appreciate. Your loss if you won't take the advice as intended.

As for 219 people viewing your post, no, a huge percentage of those reported views are simply robots set up to scan the forum, as much as 90% in my experience. So that translates to maybe 20-40 real people who looked at the topic. And that has to be divided by the replies since I think that refreshes the count too. So something like 3-6 real people actually waded through that morass of characters, or at least clicked the topic out of interest. Gee, how many actual people replied, 3. See how the math works ?

How many who might have helped simply hit the back button instead of struggling for content ? I'd also add that this is a forum frequented by many knowledgeable people with very good help, but you need to realize they do it out of the goodness of community. And they mostly work full time with this as a hobby. They aren't here for pay. They aren't here 24-7. And they might not even know anything that will actually help in any specific case. You have to be patient for the right person to find your question on their schedule, not yours. You couldn't wait, I get that, and you kept plugging away at the problem on your own, and this is great. You even updated and shared that info which is to your credit. The shame is that it is so hard to read that. Again, the key to getting help is good communication. Deriding people who point that out is the wrong way if you expect help in the future.

Like I said though, this is probably a pointless reply. I doubt you'll read it, or take it as intended if you do.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:33 PM
The real problem is your attitude as you my friend seem to discriminate or have some complex feeling that you are superior to others As Jesus said when your child ask for bread will you give him a stone or if he asked for a drink would you give him a scorpion This is your way out It is like saying you are black so you can not have help or your Muslim so we will not not help You did not attack my spelling but rather comma's an periods your reason for not lending a hand is a persons punctuation , so only certain people are entitled to help See I was raised when some one asked for help we did not ask what color they are or what grade they went to in school I have never told some one I can not help because your not in a suit or did not arrive in a limo you refuse to help those who asked you because of punctuation that's sad an as for good communication any forum I have ever been to they want detail's as many as you can give as this helps provide clues as to what's been done or has been tried I have been met with nothing but hostile answers perhaps the world will treat you an your family's better then you treat people I will pray for you as For your lessons in English an Punctuation maybe you can get a job in a grammar school teaching an leave the nuts an bolts to people who know about mechanics as I pointed out earlier this problem is all over the net with no solid solution I found the problem addressed it an have moved forward the lack of info shared with me must mean you don't know that was your reason for picking on punctuation I am more then willing to help anyone with there issues no matter what color they are or how well they spell whether they are in a new one or a old one I will help in any way that I can that is why I joined this forum to help others an also find good info I hope puberty comes for you soon when you grow up an you need help with your car I will fix it for you an you can tell me where the periods belong

Last edited by drewdaddy; 06-22-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First, wow, just wow...

Let's see if this reads any better.

The real problem is your attitude, as you my friend seem to discriminate, or have some complex feeling that you are superior to others. As Jesus said, when your child asks for bread, will you give him a stone or, if he asked for a drink would you give him a scorpion? This is your way out. It's like saying you are black so you can not have help, or your Muslim so we will not help.

You did not attack my spelling but rather commas and periods. Your reason for not lending a hand is a person's punctuation. So only certain people are entitled to help. See, I was raised when some one asked for help we did not ask what color they are or what grade they went to in school. I have never told someone I can not help because your not in a suit or did not arrive in a limo.

You refuse to help those who asked you because of punctuation and that's sad and as for good communication, any forum I have ever been to they want details as many as you can give, as this helps provide clues as to what's been done or has been tried. I have been met with nothing but hostile answers. Perhaps the world will treat you an your family better then you treat people. I will pray for you. As for your lessons in english an punctuation, maybe you can get a job in a grammar school teaching and leave the nuts an bolts to people who know about mechanics. As I pointed out earlier, this problem is all over the net with no solid solution. I found the problem addressed it an have moved forward. The lack of info shared with me must mean you don't know that was your reason for picking on punctuation. I am more then willing to help anyone with there issues no matter what color they are or how well they spell, whether they are in a new one or a old one, I will help in any way that I can. That is why I joined this forum, to help others and also find good info. I hope puberty comes for you soon. When you grow up and you need help with your car I will fix it for you and you can tell me where the periods belong.

First, even after deciphering this, the punctuation might not be 100%, but I'd bet it reads a lot cleaner than the original.

The sad thing is you interpreted a possible reason as to why you weren't getting a response as an attack. Nobody attacked you. They tried, quite patiently I might add, to tell you that it's hard to read your question as it's one long run on statement. You can either take that to heart and try to do what I did above, or continue your childish rant as you have done here. Personally I don't really care, but in the time that it took me to add punctuation to your last message someone might have been able to read it and provide an answer. I'm betting you won't get much help here until your attitude changes. But that's must my guess I suppose...

Last edited by srs77; 06-22-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW All I can say

Old 10-19-2014, 09:00 PM
I am new here also, but I'm very experienced in other forums that cover many topics. Your lack of punctuation, paragraphs and proper use of grammar makes it tough to concentrate on what you have written. I never made it completely through any of your posts. I just passed them by because they are hard to read.

If you want help, make your point and use punctuation and paragraphs to make your post easy to read. Also lose the attitude. Doing what I mentioned will get you the help you asked for.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:56 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
He hasn't posted since, I think he went away mad.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:59 PM
No not Mad just feeling really sorry for you guys. So sorry that in the months that you had you could not solve a problem. You could only concern your self's with some ones grammar. The reason I feel sorry for you guys is I fixed my own problem with out any of you Guru's LOL the real issue is your brand of discrimination. As it was this way for Black people an Jews. You may not see it this way but Hitler did not think what he was doing was wrong either as a new member I posted a problem. As senior tec's your concern was with grammar LOL no different then picking on a man for the color of his skin .Your complaint was you do not spell well enough or use enough periods lol.If you had nothing creditable to add to the problem you should have just kept your mouth shut. Instead you made an assault against a new member an stated how the out of 300 plus views only 3 where people the rest are bots . which is a dis service to the good folks on the site an the fact that after all this time you guys are still interested in some ones punctuation show's your lack of mechanical ability. I on the other hand am the guy that changes your wife's tires in a parking lot or jumps you off when you leave your lights on an puts a new battery in for you to think people with the knowledge to help would be so greedy about what they share WOW . I can just here you he did not use enough periods there for I can't read English anymore it's to hard WTF your suppose to be men an your crying about spelling never heard that in a Napa or anywhere other then when I was a kid which means. You must be OLD so old that you unmentionables are shriveled an gray an don't work an you take this out on others . So moral is give the high heels back to the wife grow some nuts & bolts an help people rather then being little turds............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

Quick Reply: 1998 F-150 parking lights started coming on last night around 2 am