hi guys, need help, 87 f150 doul tanks

Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys, need help, 87 f150 doul tanks

just bought truck , fuel gage on full or over, found that the wire harness is missing for the main tank is there a way to connect sending unit so gage will work, an inline fuel pump was installed prior to my purchase would like to solve soon, getting tired of gas every other day

Old 05-27-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Buy the factory proper parts and replace. Wrecking yard for the harness. Those wires have to be under there somewhere. I doubt anyone took the time to completely remove them. Hanes book will have the wiring diagram to get it fixed back to o.e. If the gauge shows full all the time I believe it means they are shorted somewhere under your truck. Good luck!

Old 06-08-2014, 07:24 PM
help please

Originally Posted by 01 gt f150
Buy the factory proper parts and replace. Wrecking yard for the harness. Those wires have to be under there somewhere. I doubt anyone took the time to completely remove them. Hanes book will have the wiring diagram to get it fixed back to o.e. If the gauge shows full all the time I believe it means they are shorted somewhere under your truck. Good luck!
. Re. Found wire harness was removed in the install of new inline fuel pump. Now truck has developed a engine running issue, idyle is good until gas is increased, then motor sounds like it is being choked, cleaned throghtle bottie, replaced posionning sencor, and fuel pump relay, tested high pressure pump, seems to be working, any help????????

Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure regulator? Also fuel filter could be clogged up from pulling the tank to replace pump. Stuff likes to come loose or the sediments at the bottom get pulled in an clog it up

Old 06-22-2014, 06:17 PM
you say it is a dual tank, I had my rear tank pump disintegrate and block up the transfer valve.

did you check the entire fuel system. you might have good pressure but not enough flow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hi guys, need help, 87 f150 doul tanks