Viar Compressor connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viar Compressor connection

I thought I read somewhere about not connecting directly to the battery terminal when adding circuits. I want to run a Viar compressor needing 23 amps. I ran two 10 gauge wires back to bed of truck, but have not connected anyting in the engine compartment yet. I will put a fuse, but this post that I read some time ago, keeps haunting me. 2013 F150 ecoboost.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Adding a circuit

Since nobody repsonded on hooking up directly to the battery, has anyone added a new circuit to the fuse panel in the center the truck? I would prefer to put in a new 25A Jfuse but am unsure how to make my wire snap into one of the blank slots. Do I need a special connector and how do you get to the bottom of the panel?

Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Bsically, you want a fuse wired in the ciruit to protect the truck and all other components from a fire hazard. I would recommend installing the fuse or fuse panel close to the battery. That gives you the most protection if a short circuit was to occur.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
This is how it needs to be wired. Nothing wrong with going to the battery, as long as it is done right. in fact something big like a compressor I would definitely wire it to the battery.

Name:  viair400Cwiring.gif
Views: 2086
Size:  7.9 KB

The "to keyed power source" is what you wan to tap into your fuse box. Use these and find a fuse that is an ignition source, be sure to put it on the side that supplies power, not the fused side.

Amazon.com: WirthCo 30800 Fuse Tap Kit for Mini Fuses: Automotive Amazon.com: WirthCo 30800 Fuse Tap Kit for Mini Fuses: Automotive

Quick Reply: Viar Compressor connection