Add a fuse (non typical instal)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add a fuse (non typical instal)

Sorry for beating a dead horse guys but I have a non typical install.

Looking to put a warning lights system into my vehicle. Well I have. Readers digest I have two leads. One goes to the battery as power for the lights coming off a control module the second goes to a ignition switched 20 amp source. The run to the battery is complete. I need to figure out a 20A switched (preferably in the PDB because I already ran the wire)

I have a 2013 XLT F150. It seems a standard "add a fuse" will not fit into the power distribution box under the hood because ford uses some odd mini fuses. What are my alternatives?

Old 02-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Duzzyman
Sorry for beating a dead horse guys but I have a non typical install.

Looking to put a warning lights system into my vehicle. Well I have. Readers digest I have two leads. One goes to the battery as power for the lights coming off a control module the second goes to a ignition switched 20 amp source. The run to the battery is complete. I need to figure out a 20A switched (preferably in the PDB because I already ran the wire)

I have a 2013 XLT F150. It seems a standard "add a fuse" will not fit into the power distribution box under the hood because ford uses some odd mini fuses. What are my alternatives?
Hi & welcome!

Good news:
They make the AAF in the mini size

http://www.parts-express.com/littelf...fuses--071-585

Bad news:
It's only good fer 10 amps max.

You need to use the AAF to trigger a standard ISO 30A-40A relay. Relay contacts will actually switch the (fused) load.

good luck
MGD

Quick Reply: Add a fuse (non typical instal)