2006 f150 radio won't shut off, door chime and interior light won't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 f150 radio won't shut off, door chime and interior light won't work

I have a 2006 f150 king ranch super crew. When I turn off my truck and open the door the radio will not turn off like it suppose to. Also my interior lights do not come on and my door chime does not work. I also noticed that the door ajar light Does not come on when the door is open and in the info button on the dash it says interior lights data error and auto door locks data error. I have searched the forums on here and found out about the purple wire splice in the back door and I checked that and was perfect. I even went back later and cut the wires and rejoined them and it still didn't work. I then tried looking for broken wires in between the drivers door and the cab in that rubber boot and everything was fine. After that I even took the drivers door latch out to check that and that looked perfect too. I even took it to a local garage and they could not find the problem either. I really don't know what else it could be. Hope someone here has something else I could try before I take it to a ford dealer

Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 AM
Did you get water inside the cab? Check the fuse panel in the pass side in the inside. Right behind the kick panel. Check your fuses to see if the contacts are nice and clean. Right behind the fuses is the circuit board that controls all the things that are going wrong on you. Sad part about it that board is part of the wire harness. Its not to bad in price from ford but need to really check that part of it out. They had a tsb for water leaking thru the seal where the wires go thru the fire wall. Check the gromet. I have seen that to be a problem on most f150.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by 06streetboss
Did you get water inside the cab? Check the fuse panel in the pass side in the inside. Right behind the kick panel. Check your fuses to see if the contacts are nice and clean. Right behind the fuses is the circuit board that controls all the things that are going wrong on you. Sad part about it that board is part of the wire harness. Its not to bad in price from ford but need to really check that part of it out. They had a tsb for water leaking thru the seal where the wires go thru the fire wall. Check the gromet. I have seen that to be a problem on most f150.
Thanks for the reply. I have tested all fuses and they are fine. I haven't checked to see if there were any leaks though. Could this circuit board still be bad if the fuses tested ok?

Quick Reply: 2006 f150 radio won't shut off, door chime and interior light won't work