Had to have a cutoff switch at battery installed, can I run this inside?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had to have a cutoff switch at battery installed, can I run this inside?

I was unable to find what was draining my battery, so I ended up taking it in. They said it was drawing alot of amps from somewhere. They said the GEM module had water damage and they were having a hard time removing fuses. I also recently had my drivers side doors smashed in, so they said the short could be there also. They said my best bet would be a switch at the battery and would have to use that when not driving it. It wouldn't be so bad but reaching for the hood latch when your drivers side door no longer opens is kind of a pain. I didn't know if I could run something into the cab of the truck. The switch they installed is my battery connecter on a post near the battery post and when a metal bar is swung down to make contact with metal it's on. But another recent problem I found out today the hard way is the headlight warning chime doesn't work. Had to get a jump, because I didn't turn the switch, running into the store quick. Is the warning chime fused? I didn't see it listed. I'm hoping it's that, unless something in the door messed that up to. So my questions are about switch options and the headlight warning chime. Thanks

Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What kind of dumb assed hill billy shop are you using??? IMO You need to find the electrical problem and fix before your truck burns up! Put an amp meter in series with one of the battery leads and monitor it as you pull each fuse to find what circuit is draining the battery. It's not rocket science!

Also if your GEM module is water damaged (corroded?) and you're having a hard time pulling fuses then you need to clean it up before the fuse connections fail altogether and something stops working.

Quick Reply: Had to have a cutoff switch at battery installed, can I run this inside?