USB Power Outlet Adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
USB Power Outlet Adaptor

So I've got one of those USB type power adaptors for the phone that goes in the power outlet (cigaretter lighter). It's super small and fits almost flush down in the hole; really great fit. Doesn't protrude or look obnoxious. But, it has the little LED (I assume it's an LED) indicator light to let you know it's powered.

I was thinking about just leaving this in the outlet all the time since it fits so good, but had concers about this light being on all the time. Yes, the outlet is powered regardless of key position so that light would be on 24/7.

Is this enough to pose a battery draw or problem? I'm thinking not, but wanted to check. Truck does sit for 8-10 days at a time on occasion. Thoughts?

Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxy
So I've got one of those USB type power adaptors for the phone that goes in the power outlet (cigaretter lighter). It's super small and fits almost flush down in the hole; really great fit. Doesn't protrude or look obnoxious. But, it has the little LED (I assume it's an LED) indicator light to let you know it's powered.

I was thinking about just leaving this in the outlet all the time since it fits so good, but had concers about this light being on all the time. Yes, the outlet is powered regardless of key position so that light would be on 24/7.

Is this enough to pose a battery draw or problem? I'm thinking not, but wanted to check. Truck does sit for 8-10 days at a time on occasion. Thoughts?
Hi.

Aboot ~30ma, give or take. Should not be a problem.

If you also run a battery maintainer for extended downtime, it is definitely not a problem

Old 01-10-2014, 09:35 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Not a problem, I have something similar and I've left it in for a month without starting the truck, no issues.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had mine in my '04 for 2 years with no problem.

Added another "Power Outlet" between the cig lighter and the backup alarm silence button and the adapter lives there perminently so I don't tie up any of the others. Tried it on the OEM power outlet on the dash, but couldn't close the "door" that is on the OEM outlet.

Quick Reply: USB Power Outlet Adaptor