On A 2010: Driver's Side Airbag Light Coming on At Times

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On A 2010: Driver's Side Airbag Light Coming on At Times

Have a 2010 F-150 Lariat with 14,000 miles. A couple weekends ago I use the truck 3 times (3 round trips so drove it 6 times...it is not my daily driver). Anyway on two of those trips I noticed that the driver's side airbag light came on and stayed on till I arrived at my destination on one of the trips but not sure about the other trip. Not sure if the light came on right away or after a certain time after the truck was running and/or moving. Both times the front passenger seat was occupied.
Used the truck this past weekend for one round trip and the light did not come on.
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this model & year? If so what was the fix?
Did talk with a service rep at the local Ford dealer and he said they need to have it happening when I bring the truck in to be able to trace the problem.
Asked if there was a tech bulletin out on that problem and he said he was not aware of one.
Aim to keep a log of when it happens again, when the light comes on after the truck is started, how long it stays o, etc.......
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

NOTE: The light seems to be coming on about 30 minutes after the truck is running. Have not noticed any flashing when it does come on but can't always watch the light and the road......will be using the truck a lot the next week or so....see what I come up with.

Last edited by soundhd; 12-18-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 SuperCrew has been the dealer 4 times for this problem in the last three weeks. They have replaced the seat side bolster bag and a wiring harness and the light still comes on. The last two repairs have been thru the Ford hot line which included them splicing wires into my factory harness that I do not approve of. Just got back from the dealer today and light is on again. This will make number 5. Very disappointing.

Quick Reply: On A 2010: Driver's Side Airbag Light Coming on At Times