Heated Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated Mirrors?

2003 Ford Focus ZTW (wagon)

Driver side mirror does not seem to be defrosting. As per the Manual I push the rear defroster button and that also turns on the heated mirrors. The rear window defrosts fast as well as the passenger side mirror. The drivers side defroster in the mirror just doesn't seem to be working. I have zero snow/ice build up on the pass side but the driver side will accumulate snow/ice. I know it's not my F150 but I was hoping someone might know a quick fix or at least a possible place to start.

Driver Side Mirror

Passenger Side Mirror

Old 12-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Could be a bad connection or the heating element went bad. If only you were closer, I have a heated mirror from an 07 I'd let you have for parts

Old 12-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by jdeacon
Could be a bad connection or the heating element went bad. If only you were closer, I have a heated mirror from an 07 I'd let you have for parts
I appreciate the offer. I will hit the local junk yard and see what I see.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by jdeacon
+1, Check the connection, replace the mirror (element)

Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I haven't had a chance to open up the door panel yet with all the holiday running around. I will soon as I get a chance. If the connection looks good am I right by believiing I can change out the heating element and not the whole mirror?

Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by EVIL_SVT
I haven't had a chance to open up the door panel yet with all the holiday running around. I will soon as I get a chance. If the connection looks good am I right by believiing I can change out the heating element and not the whole mirror?
Yes and no, i doubt there are element parts available. Your probably looking at the Mirror and Element as a Part. Test the Element in question to be sure, once you have it off the mirror housing. Generally, if its not a connection issue at the element itself, its probably the element thats bad. It is possible that its a wiring issue further inside the door, however in most cases its easier to just swap mirrors and check before investigating further through the harness.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:44 PM
That's about what I thought. Thanks... I'll try and get to it early tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply: Heated Mirrors?