2011 F150 Ecoboost - Wont Start intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 F150 Ecoboost - Wont Start intermittently

Hi,
I have had this problem occur now twice to me and I am looking for a DIY solution on my 2011 F150 Ecoboost w/135,000km

I went to start my truck, and all functions turned on (radio, lights, power seats, etc) except the starter would not turn over. I was cold outside, so I thought maybe the battery needed a boost. I boosted the truck with no success.
Tow the truck to Ford, where they couldn't find anything. They just cleaned the battery terminals. They did mention that pressing on the power distribution box cover solved the problem and they couldn't get it to reoccur. $200 later plus the cost of the tow, I drove my truck home, not feeling very satisfied that I won't get stranded again.

This morning, the same thing happened, all accessories work, but no cranking. I popped the hood and pressed on the power distribution box, heard a relay click, tried the key again and it started.

Any one else have this problem? what part needs to be changed first to try fix this. I really don't want to go back to Ford, as they weren't very helpful there and charged an arm and leg to do nothing. I would sooner just buy the part I need and fix it myself.

Thanks in advance

Todd

Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck is just a week old and sounds like the same problem. Taking it back to the dealer later but in the meantime i came across this.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/w...ittently-2107/

Sounds like maybe the BCM?
Good Luck.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:16 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Open the PDB and reseat all the fuses and relays.

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Ecoboost - Wont Start intermittently