Aftermarket Rear Camera Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Aftermarket Rear Camera Suggestions

Now that I'm back home retired, I got my boat cleaned up. Since I keep it in the back yard, I have to tow it to the ocean. Hooking it up is always a pita and launching it too for that matter. I'm not the best at backing it up yet.

I think a camera would help out a bunch especially with the hookup.

What would you guys/girls recommend that would work on my truck in my signature?
Thanks!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a camera that mounts to licence plate,,, but really cant see the hitch with it.

If you look for a camera that is angle adjustable. As far as which brand I cant say.

I got mine off of ebay. Paid over 200.00 for it,, as far as I can tell its made for an R.V more then a p/u. But it works for me.

Have one recommendation stay away from wireless cameras. Got one from an auto parts store,, wasn't to weather proof. (water)

Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed a rear camera on my truck. I bought the oem type ford emblem one.It has the center lines and all just like the new trucks. I had to do a little modifying to the tailgate, but it turned out beautiful and looks factory. I bought the camera on ebay. The people there were very helpful. The seller is taradios.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Well, I finally got a backup camera to help hitching up the boat. It's an rvs Model # 83112. My wife bought it for a present and I tried it out yesterday. It has a wireless system with the camera using a magnetic base and a 3 1/2" screen. It works great! I sat the camera on the step of my step bumper and tilted it down. I could see the hitch ball on the truck and the receiver on the trailer and it guided me right to it. The screen is very clear.

https://www.amazon.com/Rear-View-Saf.../dp/B00O513V8S

Old 06-27-2016, 12:31 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That's a GOOD price compared to the factory system. Can you post some pictures of what the screen looks like? I tried a couple of wireless cameras and the picture was awful.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Rear Camera Suggestions