Eddie bauer power seat wiring, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddie bauer power seat wiring, Help!

Ok, so i recently found a decent set of eddie bauer leather seats for my crew cab, i have everything done except drivers seat done because of a wiring issue. my question is, has anyone dealt with this unit before? there is a plug with a green and a black wire which from other posts i read is supposed to be the power and ground. testing this unit out by hooking up to a battery heeded no results. tried a few other combos with no luck either. waiting til monday to see if i can get some wiring schematics from ford if possible. here is a pic, can anyone help me out? im assuming im SOL and need to find a power unit minus this feature.....

Name:  FD1FEFD6-F31C-4079-B5FC-977B822516E0-1818-0000011BB94FC381_zps2a290ec7.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  133.6 KB

Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dark green & black are the correct wires for powering the power seat control switch.

Heated seats use White w/ light blue stripe wire & black.

If you powered the Dark Green wire & black wire without any luck, could be the motors or switch are no good.

Quick test is to check for power at one of the motors when pressing the switch.

Front seat height motor is yellow w/ light blue stripe & red w/ light blue stripe wires.

If you hook up power and press the front of the switch up, you should get + VDC on the yellow w/ light blue stripe & red w/ light blue stripe wires, pressing down will be the same value but reverse polarity.

If this tests correct, the motor is no good.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help, i actually went out to the junkyard yesterday and got a regular wiring harness off a regular power seat hooked it all up and works just fine, so i eliminated that whole crap load of wiring mess. i originally powered the the green and black wires, no luck at all, mostly due to it going straight into that box, im sure then it goes where ever and has to be switched elsewhere which is why it may not have powered up or the unit was bad. i tried a ton of combos just to see if i could get something with no luck, thats when i just got the regular harness and was good. so for anyone that may get lucky enough to get this setup, just grab a regular harness from a regular power seat lol.

Quick Reply: Eddie bauer power seat wiring, Help!