Door Lock Circuit has big Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Lock Circuit has big Battery Drain

My 2008 F150 supercrew was running perfect until I found a dead battery yesterday morning. Battery is less than a year old.

1) Fully charged battery now I check amp meter to find parasite current draw way too high, about 10+ amps with everything off sitting in driveway. I disconnect lead from alternator and still heavy draw.

2) One by one pull each circuit fuse and find the power door locks circuit with the heavy draw. I left fuse out and current drain now minimal for normal memory items and security functions.

3) I pull both power lock door control panels and unplug both power lock switches and check battery draw again with fuse back in. I still have heavy battery drain in this circuit!

Is there a thing else I should check in this circuit that might be obvious? The power locks by the way work perfectly normal both up and down but heavy current drain with truck off and I'm running out of ideas and wanted to ask you experts out there. I guess I could unplug all 4 actuators one at a time but the actuators all work perfectly.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Quick Reply: Door Lock Circuit has big Battery Drain