4x4 Problems; Electrical or Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am happy to report my 4wd is once again working!!!! I took it to a shop & after checking all components including the GEM & EVERYTHING CHECKED OK, they had to trace every wire one at a time. Turns out that a mouse had got into the cab & somehow it got under the carpet trim in the drivers doorway & chewed the hell out of a bunch of wires!!!! 3inch piece of wire and half roll of tape & everything works flawless!!!!!!! Thanks everyone esp. SSCULLY for all the help!!!

p.s. The technician said that he has seen this hundreds of times over the last 20+ years!!!

Old 11-30-2015, 02:03 PM
?

sorry to dig up such an old thread but I have been fighting with my 99 f150 4wd and this is the only place I can find a picture of my issue first page of this thread 2nd post down the 4wd actuator mount is broken on my truck and I really do not want to change the diff I know others have had this issue so what fixes have yall used thanks

Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hites87
sorry to dig up such an old thread but I have been fighting with my 99 f150 4wd and this is the only place I can find a picture of my issue first page of this thread 2nd post down the 4wd actuator mount is broken on my truck and I really do not want to change the diff I know others have had this issue so what fixes have yall used thanks
No problem digging up an an old applicable thread, that is why they stick around the site.

That is a picture from a member ncranchero.
- I have not seen him post for a few months.

ncranchero had enough on the axle to build a new plate for the vacuum shift diaphragm and mount it to the part left on the axle.

Some pictures in this thread :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...um-system.html

Here is his Photobucket account with all the pictures he took of the process, just scroll through them :
http://s11.photobucket.com/user/ncra...pair2.jpg.html

Hope that helps.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:31 PM
thanks sscully

Quick Reply: 4x4 Problems; Electrical or Manual?