Fuel Delivery Module- Fuel level sender

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Delivery Module- Fuel level sender

Is there a way to replace the fuel sender unit on a 95 model F-150 without replacing the entire Fuel Delivery Module? Old Timer gave me a prompt follow-up on my fuel gauge problem-sounds like i may have to replace entire FDM unit to fix level sending unit problem. Anybody have info on this?
Also, does anyone happen to know the going price for a pump (fuel delivery module) and are there any "aftermarket" suppliers that may produce a unit superior to the oem unit?

"life is like a dogsled team-if you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes"

Old 08-19-2001, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Doc

Sorry, cant help you anymore. However....

I dont recall the co, but there was a replacement unit and may have been alittle cheaper than Ford OEM.. Local auto. parts stores here didnt carry it, had to order it. I needed it now, not next week or?.... Even one guy said they couldnt get it.

So figured if it didnt fit or there was a problem, it would not be easy to take care of cause that co. was out of state. Hence, longer delay.

I just went to (local) Ford parts. Got new unit, they had one in stock. Went right in, no problem. Fortunately, it worked.

Yeah i try to save where i can but... so you have to decide what right for you. If you do go with a new pump/sending unit....

As i recall you can test the new unit before you actually put the gas tank back in place. After you hook up wires, turn ign. switch on, be sure you testing correct tank, I believe the guage went all way to full, even though tank was empty.

That maynot be the best description, but guage will move if unit working.

Of course it could be something simplier, wiring etc. In my case it wasnt. The times ive used Ford (OEM), never had a problem, they always fit right in etc, so was worth extra cost.

Just be AWARE, its an electrical part, maynot be returnable?

Good luck. Keep us posted. OT

Quick Reply: Fuel Delivery Module- Fuel level sender