2006 F150 passenger window does not operate no power when checked

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F150 passenger window does not operate no power when checked

We have 2 2006 F150 XLT's taht have the same problem

1st F150 (i drive this one)
the truck exibited a problem with the right front passenger window that would every now and then not work go up or go down on occasion. I thought it was a weak battery as the problem only occured whenthe engine was off. After I replaced the battery about a month and a half ago the problem seemed to go away, the window worked fine until Wednesday when the window would not open.

2nd 2006 F150 XLT, (driven by a brother)
exhibited no problems, window just would not open.

in looking at both trucks we noticed that when we pushed switch to go up, with the window closed, the interior lights do not dim, push any other window switch, you notice the interor lights dim as the motor is working against a closed window.

the windows on both trucks had been operatable from both the drivers and passengers switches. Now neither switch will operate the windows

we also notice that the window buttons on both the front passenger doors on both trucks are not illuminated when the truck is running.

neither switch on either side will operate the passenger window

I pulled the door apart on my truck today and found that there is no power coming to the switch, no matter what I do. I did not check the window motor as window will not work if there is no power.

does the drivers door side switch panel conrol power to the passenger side?

has anyone else had this problem?

any ideas where to start looking?

thoughts, suggestions?

thank you

Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would check for a broken wire in the door to a pillar rubber boot.
The window switches are in series ( driver's to pass to motor ).
The ground for the window motor is from the driver's switch in the neutral position on both the up and down contacts.

If the driver's side switch is pressed up, the ground on the up contacts is switched to power and the window operates.

The passenger side same concept, if the window switch is pressed up, the ground ( from the driver's side ) is switched to power and the window operates.

Enough with my ( bad ) descriptors of this, here are the diagrams.

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 passenger window does not operate no power when checked