Help!! My blinkers are driving me crazy!!

Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! My blinkers are driving me crazy!!

Hello F150online!! Longtime member, infrequent poster here. Let me get to the meat of the issue. Three days ago my right front blinker went out. I replaced the bulb, but that didn't fix it. My hazards, marker and all other blinkers work, BUT, in order to get the other blinkers to blink, I have to flip the indicator switch, then pull it towards me like I'm going to flash the high beams. When I pull it forward the blinkers engage and I can hear the blinker relay/module clicking. Am I looking at a short, or a bad relay? I'm seriously hoping it's not my multiswitch in my steering column. My truck does have 140k on it and every week I'm repairing something new. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That sounds like an issue with the MFS ( considering changing the position of the MFS makes the MFS work correctly ).

To see if it is dirty contacts in the MFS, cycle the hazard switch a few times, to see if it corrects it. might need to do it 6 to 12 times.

If not, you are looking at pulling the MFS to test it.

As far as hoping for a "short" instead of a bad MFS, that is the wrong order. Any kind of short will take a few hours to locate, a bad MFS can be changed in ~ 60 min by a novice.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sscully, thanks for getting back to me. I sort of feel like a tool, as 5 minutes after I posted this thread I found one that you'd contributed heavily to giving that exact same advice. I tried the hazard switch which made my right blinker more responsive, but the only thing that got leftie working was tilting my wheel up and down. The only place where the left came back was mid way between 2 locking points for the tilt. I find myself hoping that it really is the MFS!! Thanks for all your awesome info

Old 10-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
With the tilt curing part of it, do you have issues with your stop lamps as well ?

That could be a pulled apart MFS connector.

Check the stop lamp operation as well on each side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!! My blinkers are driving me crazy!!