Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F150
Disconecting door sensors

Hey everyone. Just wanted to know how do you disconect the sensor that tells the computer the door is ajar. I've had that light on for a while now and I know its not just a stuck latch. When I checked the cable that connects to the door latch senser it doesn't read a current. Does anyone know how to fix that?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
If you came to the conclusion that is is not an issue with the door latch by trying to find +VDC, that is due to the fact it switches ground to signal an open or closed door.

did you read and try the info in the 1st sticky thread in this forum ?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:18 PM

Yeah I tried the wd-40 trick already but it didnt work. I can manualy open and close the latch but it still says door ajar. Im thinking its an electrical issue because it comes ond goes every so often. Its getting on my nerves because when the door ajar signal is triggered it sets off my alarm.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
is the door ajar light the only problem?...radio stays on, interior lights dont come on...?
Old 08-07-2011, 01:32 AM

Yeah thats the only problem. everything else is fine exept the whole thing of the lights inside stay on for a while because of the door ajar thing.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F250 6.8
Pull the latch mechanism and replace the switch if you want it fixed right.

1995 Mustang GT Convertible, only 68K miles.
200 Ford Contour Daily drive.
2001 F250 SD, 6.8L, 4 X4.
2007 Mercury Mariner AWD - Wifey's daily driver
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Global Moderator &

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
Pull the latch mechanism and replace the switch if you want it fixed right.
I don't think he wants to fix it right, Project. So, what SSCULLY was saying, Armored, is that the circuit is completed to ground to signal an open door. So, all you have to do is find the right wire and cut it. Since I don't have a wiring diagram for your truck, I can't tell you what wire that is. If you take the door panel off though, you can probably just disconnect the wiring harness to the door latch.

- Jack

2005 KR 4x4 SCrew 5.4, "Gott's" style CAI, PHP Gryphon CTS Tuned
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
Just went to take a look, to confirm the color codes that Jack was talking about along with reading your post.

If you have the Factory perimeter alarm, that is the door anti theft switch.

If you ground the Dark Green w/ Pink stripe wire to the door latch that will take care alarm issue, but the perimeter alarm will no longer work ( the ground signal to the 97/98 RAP disarms the anti theft module, so even the ign tamper module will no longer work ). This is with a factory perimeter alarm, after market is how ever the system is installed.

The illuminated entry switch shows as a Pink w/ Light green stripe wire to ground ?? Not too sure what this is, does not show in the 99-03 MY trucks ( could be a MY change over in GEM function, as those are 2 different series of GEMs ).

The GEM input for the door ajar switches are L: Black w/ Yellow stripe wire & R: Black w/ Pink stripe wire.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 AM