Radio won't turn on! Can see time and load/unload CDs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Radio won't turn on! Can see time and load/unload CDs.

Truck is a 2006 F150 4x4.

A little background. I had an FM transmitter professionally installed in my truck a while back. About a week ago I removed it and used the power it was using to hardwire a phone charger. The phone charger didn't work (Had power but you can't use 12v power for a phone charger because it used 5v). Anyway, I left it connected until I got the right parts to make the charger work right. The radio has worked fine regardless up until a couple hours ago. I drove home from school listening to it, got the parts from the mail and then undid the hardwired phone charger connection and after I undid that, the radio no longer works. I can see and change the time (only if I press the Menu button, but it goes away after about 5 seconds) and load and unload CDs, but that's it. I'm not sure if it stopped working immediately after it undid it or what because I did not notice it wasn't working until 20 minutes or so into my other project.

I've checked #7, #31 and #21 fuses and there all fine.

I also called Ford but they don't even work on radios and they have to send them off so going to a Dealership is out of the question.

So I really need to get this problem fixed so I can start using my radio and charging my phone. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The fuses for the radio are 1, 7, 22 and 31.

My guess fuse #22 is blown from the sound of it, that is the fuse from the accessory delay relay, that powers the radio with the key on, and until the timer runs out / doors are opened.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow, I hate when it is something so simple. That one was blown. I'll get some new ones and hope that that fixes it. Thanks a lot!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
does the 1, 7, 22, and 31 apply to 2005 models too?

Old 12-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It should be the same.
I do not think there were any fuse location changes for the radio from the 2006 to 2005 MY trucks. double check with your Owners Manual if you have a question on one of them.

Quick Reply: Radio won't turn on! Can see time and load/unload CDs.