Help, Heated Power seats, what is this connector go to?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, Heated Power seats, what is this connector go to?

I have an 05 Lariat SCrew that didn't come with passenger power or heated seats. I found a set of heated power driver/passenger seats from an 07 Lariat Screw. The truck also had memory seats ( I don't care if they work or not). I got the seats and I started on the passenger side. My truck has a manual seat on pass side and power on the drivers side, (non memory, and no heated). The seats I bought are heated, power driver and passenger. From the picture the plug circled in red was not on my manual seats. Also the wires I marked with a yellow x and line is not on my wire harness. The rest of the harness is there. I borrowed this pic from anothe post but it is the same as my seat I just bought. What is the plug circled in red for and if I go back to the salvage yard and get the harness marked with a yellow line and x do you think it just splices into existing wires in the loom? Any help of diagrams of what the missing wires goes to or if I can splice into what is already there is appreciated. I haven't looked at the drivers side yet but since my current is already power I assume all the plugs will be the same on that side. Thanks guys. Any help is appreciated. If that plug is for power, could I jump it from the drivers side? Then, which plug is the heated circuit going through. I have the Electronic HVAC control with the heated seat switches also from the 07.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You are going to have to chase down the wires. Generally the wiring was not complete unless the option was installed. I have not seen a try at pwr driver's to climate / memory seats to know for sure.

You need to make the memory seats work, as this is how the power seat works ( axis controlled by the memory seat module )

Quick Reply: Help, Heated Power seats, what is this connector go to?