door locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door locks

i have an '03 supercrew when i push the lock button on pass. or driver door or on the remote i get a relay click but nothing else. locks dont even move a bit like i have read fir some when i used the SEARCH function. unlock works fine. anybody have any ideas or possibly a wiring diagram i can see. thanks

Old 10-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Anybody?

Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
there was a guy on here a few days ago that put up some pics about this and how he solved his problem. check the threads to find

Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you tried pulling the door panel, and applying power directly to the locks ? One direction is lock, reverse polarity is unlock.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I will try that sscully. thanks. if it works this way does that rule out actuators? where do i put the power to (wire color)

Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 AM

Yes, that is what I was after, finding out if the issue is the switch or the lock actuators.

The wire colors for with the factory RKE ( Remote Keyless Entry ) are :

Driver's side door : Red w/ Orange stripe wire & Pink w/ Black stripe wire

Passenger side door : Pink w/ Black stripe wire & Pink w/ Orange stripe wire.

This is direct to the door lock actuator, it is not wired to the switch when the factory RKE is installed ( the wire is to the RPO relay block under the oval on the dash, for the 3 relays - driver's unlock, unlock all, lock all ).

Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Sscully, not sure if i did this right. I had my booster pack and some wire and put power and ground to the lock actuator wires. Nothing happened whether i put power to one wire and ground to the other or vice versa. So then I pushed the switch on the door with power and ground supplied to the actuator and it unlocked. switched them around and pushed the switch and still only had unlock no lock either way. My teacher attrades school (going through apprenticeship right now) told me to go to the central security module under the dash with my test light and touch pink/lt green wire and then touch pin/yellow wire. I did that and when I touched one it unlocked but when i touched the other still no lock. So does this mean I'm looking at actuators? Or some more diagnosing? Thank you so much for the help

Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM

The booster pack method works ( as does a DC power plug with long leads on it ).
Touching the lock actuator itself did nothing, but the switch did, sounds like either the booster pack was dead, or the jumper wire you used did not make contact.

I am leaning towards your thought, bad lock actuator, but I prefer to prove it before doing a remove and replace.

Check the wires you used on the RAP, and 2x check the method you used for testing direct to the power door lock. If you are sure you have a good connection at the door, you should be able to

Old 11-07-2010, 12:50 PM
sscully could you run by me how I'm to do the actuator test. So i know i'm doing it right. And what should happen. Thanks

Old 11-07-2010, 09:56 PM

The lock actuator has 2 pins on the connector. You would apply DC power to those 2 pins. One direction the lock / down action would happen. Reverse the leads on the pins, the unlock / open action would happen.

Sounded like you has the process down, but you should have had at least 1 motion happen doing this test, as the button works in 1 direction.

Quick Reply: door locks