Domelight/Supervision hook-up for remote start install

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domelight/Supervision hook-up for remote start install

I have an Astra 1000rs remote start with keyless entry in my 2002 ford F150. Everything seems to be working except the domelight does not come on when the unlock button is pressed (it did with the factory keyless). The manual says the domelight wire is black\lt blue in the passenger kick panel. There are at least 3 black\lt blue wires in the passenger kick panel that I could see could someone please help me by telling me exactly which one it is? Also I belive I need a relay so I got one from my local canadian tire but not sure if it is suitable (automotive switch over relay) Would appreciate if someone could confirm how it should be hooked up (I have it wired foor negative door triggers like in the diagram here: http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page4.asp)
When hooked up like this the ouput from the relay becomes a ground. The black/blue wires I tested where +12v with the door open, and grounded with the door shut is that correct(4 and 6 in two separate connectors) and one was grounded either way(15 in the first connector?

Thank-you this has been driving me mad.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That would be Connector C206

Here is a picture of the connector

Watch the color coding, there are several connectors in the passenger side that look the same. Match it to the color codes of the wires next to the Black w/ Light Blue stripe wire.

Not sure what you are calling "negative door trigger"
The door switch itself is a ground door trigger, but circuit #53, Black w/ Light blue stripe wire is the output of the interior lamp relay, which is power to the bulbs.

Are you reading ground though the bulbs when you turn off the interior lamps ? ( the relay coil opens, and the only other connection to the Black w/ blue stripe wire is through the bulb to ground ).

The door latch indicators are tied to the GEM, which will also trigger the interior lamp relay ( the interior lamp switch on the main headlamp switch, turns ground on to the interior lamp relay ).

Not sure how you are connecting the RKE / RMST to the truck, but if the aftermarket system is looking to turn on the interior lamps ( via the relay you purchased ) you would wire it as the [Positive Door Triggers] on the the12volt.com site above.

For this diagram :

Terminal #30 on the relay is connected to circuit #53, Black w/ light blue stripe wire. Everything else is wired the same.

Here is the Courtesy lamp cell from the EVTM

Does the RKE / RMST system know when to time out the interior lamps so they do not stay on ? If not, you could have an issue if you press unlock, and do not lock it.
Also, upon lock, does the RKE / RMST remove ground from the relay in teh example above ?

Just asking so you do not have an issue with the interior lamps staying on, else you are going to have a condition where you could kill the battery.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 10-17-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Clarified the wiring that was going to be used.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Thank-you so much SScully, that did the trick! Your reply was extremely helpful. The domelight now comes on when unlocking from the remote. And to answer your question, the only way it is disabled is when the the lock button is pressed on the remote or if the vehicle is started, so you are quite right the starter does not have a built in time out function and this could possibly drain the battery. The factory remote used to time out after 30 seconds, with the battery saver relay I believe, and I figured this would do the same thing. Is there a way to use this?

Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 AM

You can try to use the Light green w/ Orange wire ( that runs to the engine compartment and glove compartment lights to terminal #30 on the relay you added ( Use the other + DC fused connection for the coil ).

I do not know what would trigger the battery saver relay on if the doors have not been opened. Once it shuts off, the new cycle needs to be activate by the GEM. Never tried this, to know either way. I am suspecting it is not going to work, but worth a try ( I very well could be wrong ).

Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the help SScully I haven't had the chance to try I but was hoping to this weekend. If it doesn't work I was thinking maybe I could use a 528T pulse timer to get the domelight to turn off even though this would be cheesy for a command start that has a domelight function built-in. Here is a diagram I made of the hook-up I think would work.

Do you know which wire the door wire is in either kick panel that tells the truck the door is open?

Last edited by kwiknik; 10-23-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Improved picture
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Front Left door is the Black w/ yellow stripe wire ( C247 )
Front Right door is the Black w/ Pink stripe wire ( C206 )

C247 is a 16 pin gray connector driver's side by the CJB / GEM ( these wires go to the GEM ).

C206 is also a gray 16 pin connector, behind the right side of the dash ( guess down by the Fuel inertia switch or closer to the blower motor resistor ?? )

Quick Reply: Domelight/Supervision hook-up for remote start install