Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Reverse sensors (RSS) back up sensors troubleshooting

My reverse sensors do not work on my 2004 F150. When I start the truck, I get the 10 beeps, but the off light on the button is lit and stays lit. The button is new from the dealer and pushing it doesn't help. Any suggestions on how to get the back up sensors to work again?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
Check the face of the sensors for damage to the lens. If the lenses are trashed, the truck is reporting the error as damaged sensors.

Next check the wiring behind the bumper. The wiring harness plugs into the sensor from the back of the bumper. The sensor releases from the back side as well ( the lens stays in the bumper ).

The common problem is the harness for the parking aid is damaged or corroded, once I get back by my shop manuals, I will see if the 10 beeps means anything ( don't know if that is an error code or if it is self test complete ).
Old 09-18-2010, 01:29 AM

No visible damage, worked a few weeks ago.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:00 AM

I took all four sensors out, Unplugged them, and sprayed them down with electrical contact cleaner. The reverse sensors worked great for a couple weeks and now no longer work. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix them or check the sensors to find out if one is bad?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM

i had aftermarket RSS intalled...Backstopper ca-5011 by crimestopper...
it is better the OEM has a led display and on the display each monitor has an led.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM