Old 04-13-2015, 03:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Turn signal stopped working????? What tha…
http://www.f150online.com/forums/ele...-what-tha.html

ISSUE
Turn signals stopped working. Numerous members are saying they are having similar issues. The issue is caused by a connector in the steering column that breaks when the steering wheel is lowered.
Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

turn signals stopped working????? what tha.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, you got it. I pulled the dash apart and found the loose wire on the mfs. Stuck it in with some glue and a little silicone adhesive, and presto chango works like it should! Thanks for the tips!

Old 12-29-2015, 11:37 AM
1984 F150 turn signals

1984 F150 4x4 v6. Turn signals quit working, all bulbs are new and the fuses are fine. Both turn arrow indicators light up on the dash when I step on the brake, but still no turn signals front or rear. Any ideas?
Thx,
Dave

Old 05-26-2016, 12:12 PM
I have an 2000 F-150 that lost all brake, turn and hazard lights plus the overhead light
. Replaced the flasher (it's under the dash above the gas pedal and you have to remove the front of the dash to get to it and even then it's a pain to get too) Anyway, the flasher didn't help so I took the MFS out of a working truck and still nothing. Put the MFS back in the other truck and it worked. On the fuse panel under the dash none of the fuses on the right side work and the lower center half is also dead. Found one loose wire but it didn't help when I pushed it back in. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:13 PM
No emergency lights

I have an 2000 F-150 that lost all brake, turn and hazard lights plus the overhead light
. Replaced the flasher (it's under the dash above the gas pedal and you have to remove the front of the dash to get to it and even then it's a pain to get too) Anyway, the flasher didn't help so I took the MFS out of a working truck and still nothing. Put the MFS back in the other truck and it worked. On the fuse panel under the dash none of the fuses on the right side work and the lower center half is also dead. Found one loose wire but it didn't help when I pushed it back in. Anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Old 03-28-2021, 03:52 PM
Check your Hazard switch

The Hazard switch is on top of the steering column, and over time all kinds of gunk gets in there. In my case, I replaced my headlights and taillights, and was checking bulb operation using the hazard lights. one less trip, right? When I was all finished I noticed my turn signals weren't working, turns out the hazard switch had not fully disengaged, a simple wiggle and all my turn signals returned. The hazards override the regular turn signals, and the switch wasn't fully coming back up. Hopefully, this helps someone else out, as it took me three days of checking wiring and checking bulbs and who knew that fuse existed before I figured that out,

Old 02-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
No turn indicator on the dash, as well as the outside, makes me think problem with the MFS.

2001 EVTM 90-1

Time to test it

EVTM 149-8

EVTM 149-9
I have the same problem. Can I get the color codes of the wires which go into the multifunction switch? All of my wires came out of the switch.
Thanks

Old 02-10-2022, 12:10 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
The color codes are on the top schematic.

Old 02-10-2022, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the information. I completed the wireing today and the blinkers are working properly.
Great job!!! Lloyd.

Old 12-07-2022, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by mearnh
My turn signals stopped working.......

Noticed it last night, thought it might "fix itself" today. Got in to go to work and started her up, tried the turn signals and they worked, both of them. Drove around the next courner, used the singals to indicate a left turn, like the good driver that I am, and they didn't work, both of them. Will try it agian when time to go home, but I'm sceptical.....

I don't think it is a fuse, because everything else seems to work just fine.

It was ranning last night and today, but I think I noticed it did this about two days ago, under bright blue clear skies. Besides, a little ran isn't supposed to do this to my turn signals.

I havn't done any electrical mods at all, bone stock.
99' reg cab 4.2L V-6

PS have you tried to drive with out using your turn signals????? If I don't get this fixed soon, I'm going to get killed out there.

Any ideas??????

------------------
to repair the problem tie into the ground wire on the cigarette lighter, the black wire, and run a ground wire to ground on battery. Do not trust grounding on body or frame. The headlights and flashers, break lights, lighter are always hot and have there ground tied together. The blinkers and flashers are tied together. The blinkers are hot only when key is on. When head lights are on with key on position ground is being pushed backwards through blinkers from flashers. Adding ground to lighter , the black wire, to battery supplies enough ground for blinkers and flashers to work, and applying break to shift out of park when Head lights are on.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by James Venne
to repair the problem tie into the ground wire on the cigarette lighter, the black wire, and run a ground wire to ground on battery. Do not trust grounding on body or frame. The headlights and flashers, break lights, lighter are always hot and have there ground tied together. The blinkers and flashers are tied together. The blinkers are hot only when key is on. When head lights are on with key on position ground is being pushed backwards through blinkers from flashers. Adding ground to lighter , the black wire, to battery supplies enough ground for blinkers and flashers to work, and applying break to shift out of park when Head lights are on.
after the new ground is finished, replace blower resistor be hind glove box , on duck system. Unplug resistor and remove the 2 bolts, replace with new blower resistor , put back together. The blower resistor may cost about 40 dollars but all your variable speeds on heater will be restored.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by James Venne
after the new ground is finished, replace blower resistor be hind glove box , on duck system. Unplug resistor and remove the 2 bolts, replace with new blower resistor , put back together. The blower resistor may cost about 40 dollars but all your variable speeds on heater will be restored.

Quick Reply: turn signals stopped working????? what tha.....