Turn Signal Mirror Upgrade

Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signal Mirror Upgrade

Well this past Saturday I was working at a local car shop that does vehicle upgrades for a customer appreciation day. They had free food, giving away t-shirts and even auctioned off some "old" stock. Well I'm standing around and I notice a box labeled " '05+ Ford F-150 Mirrors." So I peek inside to see if they were just plain mirrors. Low and behold they had the turn signal on the mirror which I was just recently looking around online to purchase them. So I waited around until this item came up and they start the bidding at $1. I bid and then this other gentleman decides to have a bidding war with me. So we go back and forth until he leans over and asks how high I was willing to go, I responded with, "Very very high." He then stops bidding and they end the auction for a brand new set of left and right factory turn signal mirrors at $9.50! I immediately leave and go to my shop and start installing them. They were exactly what I needed up until I realized I have to manually wire them up myself.

So my question is has anyone done this upgrade and have any advice or detailed wiring diagram for me? Did you buy a new harness from Ford to just plug them in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So what I gather from your post :

You have a FX4
You are installing power mirrors with turn signals ( heated ? )

Do you have power mirrors without the turn signal now, or manual mirrors ?

You spend a little too much time on the process to get the mirrors, and not enough on what you have installed on your truck now, and what is missing between the 2 mirrors.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
ok yes. I may have over discussed the process let me lay out the details.

I have an 08' FX4

The mirrors that were on it originally were strictly power mirrors. The new mirrors are exactly the same but just have the LED turn signal on them. (does not have heated mirrors)

Now I do vehicle electrical systems mainly on police vehicles and I do know a thing or two about wiring. However the part that is confusing me is that the driver side mirror plug, the pins coming from the new mirror all line up to wires, none left open. However, the passenger side mirror there is only 1 pin that doesn't have a matching wire. So I'm mainly trying to figure out the best and quickest solution to adding these signals into the factory system.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If the truck is wired already, that would be a 1st.

If you are sure the mirrors are from a 04-06 MY, this is the diagram for them
( 2 diagrams, some minor changes in the 06 MY ).

If the mirrors are from a 07-08 MY, then the wiring is different, and a few pins need to be changed.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you I'm gonna attempt this on Saturday and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signal Mirror Upgrade