wire connections

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2000, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wire connections

I have a 96 F159 XLT I have found that there is a lack of places to connect wires to the fuse block I need to install a couple of two way radio's and do not really want to cut into the harness any idea's?
Thanks jammer

Old 03-06-2000, 01:46 PM
Yeah, got to your local parts store and pick up some fuce block taps. they are a little piece of brass that slips over the terminal of any of the fuses. depending on what you want to run off of it, you can either hook up to the fused side, or you can hook up to the hot side of the fuse, and put another inline fuse to protect your accessories. If you are going to be installing a lot of accessories, you can run a hot wire from your battery through an inline fuse close to the battery, to a relay, And use the power you got from tapping into a circuit in the fuse box as your signal for that relay. that is the best thing to do, if you are goin to be running a lot of accessories. Hope this helps

------------------
BigBunnell

98 F150 4X4 XLT flareside V6 5sp K&N Flowmaster and some other goodies

Old 03-06-2000, 09:32 PM
Talking

jammer,
If you are going to install a ham/cb radio you should connect it directly to the battery and fuse at least the positive lead. Remember the existing wiring was designed to handle only a certain amount of current. It will be safer to use separate wiring directly to the battery. I installed my ham radio using 14g wire and I fused both the neg and pos lead. You can also do as BigBrunnell suggests and install a separate fuse block but hook it up directly to the battery.
Good luck.

------------------
1999 Harvest Gold F-150 4x2 SuperCab XLT Styleside, 4.6, Auto, Air box Mods, Tow Pkg, Alarm, Snug-Top Hard Tonneau cover(painted to match), 6-disk Pioneer CD changer, Kenwood Tri-Band Ham radio (2m,440,220), Billet grille, Bug Deflector, Clear corner lights, tinted front windows.

Planned Mods: Cat back exhaust, Headers, Superchip, 2/3 inch lower.

Quick Reply: wire connections