Calling SScully! Diagram GEM/relay fuse panel.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling SScully! Diagram GEM/relay fuse panel.

This is a "CQ" out to SScully or any other well connected posters on the electrical board. I had developed several circuit improvements and modifications for the 97-2000 F-100 to Navigator Series Units, but I lost several of my sources for circuit diagrams. My old contact recently went out of business, and my log in info to the Ford Service & Maintenance website went up with them.

What I am looking for is the layout diagram of the IP Fuse & Relay Box for these series of trucks. The layout of the relays including Relay#, and circuit would be really sweet. I have information on the fuses, but the relay information is missing.
Does anybody here have a diagram of the relays in this panel. (Instrument Panel, Fuse & Relay, GEM Module)
I'd appreciate any help received.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So you are looking for the power distribution cell for the 97 to 00 MY trucks ?

They look like this :

The GEM is cell 59, which looks like this example

Not sure what you are looking for in the Instrument Panel, is this the warning section ( cell 66 I think ) or the illumination part ( cell 71 ).

The Relays that the GEM controls are in that cell, so the GEM controlling the 4x4 functions would be in that cell ( 43 )

Don't forget how many GEM types there are, and all the areas that the GEM touches.

If you had access to the Ford EVTM, just get the cell numbers you need for the MY range, and when I get the time I can pull them off.
Just want to make sure of which cells you are talking about, as the post is a bit vague on what you are looking for info wise, and it covers about 50% of the EVTM.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Thanks that is great!. Actually your diagrams solve two other issues that I didn't mention.
What I was looking for exactly was this. Under the dash there is the IP Fuse & Relay Box ( description on my doc's). There are several relays along the l-side of that box. Some are for the DS Window Control Circuit, "Step-Lamp"(running boards, e.t.c), and several other circuits. The documentation that I had for that box is what I lost. It included the information on which relay controls what circuit. The same info that is posted under the hood on those circuit panels.
Thanks for the quick post. Peace

Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So you want the fuse and relay section from the Owners manual ?

With access to the Ford Service & Maintenance website, you should have an idea of the cells that you need from the EVTM.

Quick Reply: Calling SScully! Diagram GEM/relay fuse panel.