Need the ignition wiring color code for 2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need the ignition wiring color code for 2009

Can anyone supply me with the ignition wiring color codes on the 2009-10. I need to locate a 12 volt supply when running and no voltage at starting position and no voltage at accessories position. I am connecting Daylight running lights..

Old 01-10-2010, 10:20 PM
papa, you will have to pull the cover off the steering column and find the ignition harness, it's usually located in-line with the key hole and i know that the 04-08's have larger gauge wires on the ignition harness...i cant speak for 09-10 but I'm assuming they are the same, and there are only a few wires in that harness so just probe them at different key switch positions..im sure you can find what youre looking for in just a few minutes

here is the 08 info just incase they are the same:

Battery LIGHT GREEN/VIOLET (+)
Ignition 1 BLUE/LIGHT GREEN (+)
Accessory 1 BLACK/LIGHT GREEN (+)
Starter 1 RED/LIGHT BLUE (+)

***Even if you find a diagram, be sure to meter the wires before hooking anything to them

Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Best I can find that is not micro controlled and does not have a FET on it is BJB ( aka Battery Junction Box / engine compartment fuse panel ) Fuse #54. Looks to be enough room to install an Add-a-Fuse in this slot to trigger a relay.
This is hot in Run and Start positions.

This is the fuse for a few things, but the most notable is the DTR ( Digital Transmission Range Sensor ).

Keep in mind on the 09-10 MY, you do not want to take a chance with a FET controlled circuit, if you have the correct sequence of high current draw operations, the FET will shut down. This includes probing around with a test light.

Micro controlled circuits you would not want to use for add on items either, this part of the SJB ( Smart Junction Box ) is not serviceable, and if damaged would require a net SJB to be installed ( and programmed for your truck options ).

Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I checked my owners guide and it shows Fuse # 54 as the trailer tow battery charge relay. I don't see one for the DTR

Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That would be one of the few things that is powers ( noted in the post above ).
There is a list on the line for BJB Fuse #54, more than just trailer tow battery charge relay. It powers items in the BJB as well as the SJB.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info I will make my connections and let you know how it turned out.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your help. I made the connection and now have DRL. I used the Viloet/Green wire at the base of the steering colume for the trigger.

Quick Reply: Need the ignition wiring color code for 2009