Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Old 10-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Garage is empty, add now

lost my key 2002 f150 with anti theft please help if you can

hi im new at this and i was told that this was the place to find my ans . so if you can help me it would save my life. i lost the only key for my 2002 f150 4.2 v6 with anti theft system. because of my situation i cant offord to get a new $80 key but i got the truck to turn over but the anit theft light blinks fast. i no this means its not reading the key,but i was wondering if i could bypass the system or maby take it out or something. this is my only ride and i need to get to work tommrow please help me.

please help,
scott
Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Global Moderator &
2005 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother.4 View Post
hi im new at this and i was told that this was the place to find my ans . so if you can help me it would save my life. i lost the only key for my 2002 f150 4.2 v6 with anti theft system. because of my situation i cant offord to get a new $80 key but i got the truck to turn over but the anit theft light blinks fast. i no this means its not reading the key,but i was wondering if i could bypass the system or maby take it out or something. this is my only ride and i need to get to work tommrow please help me.

please help,
scott
Sorry Scott - I think you're going to have to bum a ride somewhere. Then, possibly get your truck towed to a dealership so they can "burn" the codes into a new key.

If you get two "original" keys at the dealership, then you can program several more "spares" yourself. The first thing I did when I got my truck was to program a third key.

- Jack

2005 KR 4x4 SCrew 5.4, "Gott's" style CAI, PHP Gryphon CTS Tuned
Old 10-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
Sorry as Jack said, you are looking for a ride in the AM.

This is going to cost more than $80.00.

The HEC will need to be erased, and 2 new keys cut & programmed for your truck to work again.

Look for the cost of 2 new keys cut for your truck, and the HEC programming with a WDS system, so at least 15 min of shop labor on top of it ( min billing could be 30 min or 1 hr ?? ).

It is a Passive Anti Theft system and doing its job. Not able to be bypassed.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:59 PM