12v Power Fuse Location and Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12v Power Fuse Location and Window Issue

Hello all, brand new and I tried to search for this with no luck so I apologize if these questions have been asked in the past. First up, I have a 2004 F-150 XLT Extended Cap (new body style). In it, I have my cigar lighter and a 12v power source on the dash and on the rear of the center console another 12v power source. When I bought the truck the rear power source did not work and I wasn't to worried about, now my cigar lighter has gone out as well and I only have the dash power source available. I haven't checked the fuse on the cigar lighter yet as I just downloaded the manual to show which fuse (#41 according to the book). But I'm curious as to what fuses control the rear power source and the dash power source or is it in anyone's experience to find that this is the normally the cause of the failure in these, if not what to look for?

Also, I have a Window issue. Quite awhile back the front passanger window stopped working from passanger controls or master controls. Took it to Ford who of course charge me out the butt to supposedly fix it. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and it stopped. BUT, it only stopped working from the passanger's side, not the master side. And, the passanger can sometimes hit the button and it may go up or down if it feels like it. I'm reading this as a short in the passanger side window control and have yet to take it a part either and look. But before I do, I wanted to ask to make sure I wasn't wasting my time and have some one tell me No it's THIS THING and it costs $$$$, sorry for you troubles. Anyways, replies appreciated and thanks

Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ford calls the other 12v power plugs, power points.

Rear is Fuse # 37 and dash is Fuse # 39, per the pdf version I have downloaded.

The window problem, take a look in the Technical Articles / How To forum for a thread on replacing switch LEDs.
There is a topic on cleaning the switch contacts, shows the carbon that can build up.
The driver's side switch runs through the passenger switch ( this is how the driver's side can reverse the direction while the passenger switch is in use ).

You can take the passenger door panel off, and check the power window motor, by directly applying 12 V DC to it. One direction is up, the other is down.

Quick Reply: 12v Power Fuse Location and Window Issue